HK416A5 Build?

Thread: HK416A5 Build?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK416A5 Build?

I see A5 uppers for sale but I can’t find anything about an A5 build. I understand the 416D barrels won’t fit the A5 but I also cannot verify that. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of an A5 build? I’d like to try and put an A5 upper together but I don’t know precisely what I need.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Last edited by illicit; 04-07-2019 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also curious about this

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illicit View Post
    As illicit said. I finally got some pics taken. I planned to post this in another thread after I get a range report. An A5 upper is doable if you are patient and do not want 100% factory at first. It will take time to find the parts you will need for the A5. This is on a Brownelll's lower that I just finished over the weekend. I bought the barrel nut for the A5 upper off a member here who had them custom machined. So that is not factory and it is one of the hardest parts to come by. Everything else is off a MR556 upper or sourced from HK or HKparts, Brownells...etc. But not all are OEM yet, mostly the trigger setup and most of the controls. I plan to replace as/if I can source the OEM parts someday. I am working on another A5 upper but with a 10.5" barrel.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surefire44 View Post
    I see A5 uppers for sale but I can’t find anything about an A5 build. I understand the 416D barrels won’t fit the A5 but I also cannot verify that. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of an A5 build? I’d like to try and put an A5 upper together but I don’t know precisely what I need.
    Wish there was an unlike.

You shouldn't put ideas like this in people's heads, man. Guy's have wives and kids to feed.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rp2ski View Post
    I bought the barrel nut for the A5 upper off a member here who had them custom machined. So that is not factory and it is one of the hardest parts to come by.
    Details?

I'd be in for one or two if there is interest in a run of them.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Details?

I'd be in for one or two if there is interest in a run of them.
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-parts-accessories-sale/488940-wts-hk-416a5-barrel-nuts.html#post3518574

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, that is thread and the member who sold them. Maybe check with him see if he can do another run with his machinist or see if you can get the specs/cad files from him and have someone do them for you. Worth a shot I guess. That is the only advice I have . I am not sure how else you could get one. I tried discussing with ZIB but no luck or you can try to get RKS USA or someone else to import for you.

Sponsored Links