Army seeks manufacturer for M110A1
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Army seeks manufacturer for M110A1

HKPro Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Army seeks manufacturer for M110A1

Sooooo does this mean HK will not be producing the rifle for Uncle Sam? Procurement stuff is way outside of my wheelhouse, so anyone with some insight is welcome to chime in.

US Army Seeks Manufacturer for M110A1 Compact Semi Auto Sniper System - Soldier Systems Daily

Tspeis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

H&K won the C-SASS (c for compact) contract which everyone thought KAC would win via the M110K1 conversion.

The M110A1 is for a 'full sized' SASS. Regardless, they're missing the boat with not looking at it in something like 6.5CM as the ballistics differences in a 16" or 20" barrel for 308 is negligible. No idea why you'd want/need basically 2 of almost the exact same weapon system and just call them each something different.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Any contracts have to be competitively bid. Probably just going through the process. But remember how many years Colt held the government contracts.....
    Does remind me of Murphy's laws for Infantrymen, "Remember your rifle was made by the lowest bidder"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't find the post at the moment, but Jack Leuba (KAC employee) mentioned on m4carbine.net that KAC had been disqualified from the CSASS competition because they submitted the wrong rifles by accident. I wonder if this is somebody is trying to let KAC have another go via the "M110A1" rather than the "CSASS."

Edit: Bad info, the post was about the L129 rather than the CSASS.

My hypothesis is also almost certainly wrong because the contract says "piston-driven" and the SR25 is DI.
    Last edited by Atz1; 04-10-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Well, this article does say it’s for the compact sniper rifle. As a procurement guy, the thought that a company would submit the wrong rifles is an eye roll moment for the government. Usually a sign of a poorly managed outfit.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atz1 View Post
    I can't find the post at the moment, but Jack Leuba (KAC employee) mentioned on m4carbine.net that KAC had been disqualified from the CSASS competition because they submitted the wrong rifles by accident. I wonder if this is somebody is trying to let KAC have another go via the "M110A1" rather than the "CSASS."
    If this is accurate/correct, then that's absolutely pathetic given this is EXACTLY their same excuse for the L129 Brit trials that LMT won.

Also, 95% sure that this is a technicality of the process (see M4 saga). People need to get a grip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    If this is accurate/correct, then that's absolutely pathetic given this is EXACTLY their same excuse for the L129 Brit trials that LMT won.

Also, 95% sure that this is a technicality of the process (see M4 saga). People need to get a grip.
    I found the thread and I was mistaken -- the comment was in fact regarding the L129. I thought it was the M110 because the thread was about the SR25.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tspeis View Post
    Sooooo does this mean HK will not be producing the rifle for Uncle Sam? Procurement stuff is way outside of my wheelhouse, so anyone with some insight is welcome to chime in.

US Army Seeks Manufacturer for M110A1 Compact Semi Auto Sniper System - Soldier Systems Daily

Tspeis

Ok, so I read this yesterday. Is this anything like the M320 being adopted by the Army, but being manufactured by another company, Capco or something similar? However, in the comments below the posting (which I don't generally put much stock in), I noticed some comments that got my attention. About half way down there is a guy with the screen name "Cool Arrow Kicker," who suggests there will no MR762 (commercial sales) rifles brought into the US after this October? is there any truth to this claim, or is it just another internet thing.... Isn't the new plant focusing on civilian sales? He also talks about the 416 being phased out and being replaced, even though the Marine Corps are going nearly entirely with the M27/416, etc.....

again, I don't general put much stock in the comments section of internet boards, but this had me scratching my head.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCSO264 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tspeis View Post

Tspeis

Ok, so I read this yesterday. Is this anything like the M320 being adopted by the Army, but being manufactured by another company, Capco or something similar? However, in the comments below the posting (which I don't generally put much stock in), I noticed some comments that got my attention. About half way down there is a guy with the screen name "Cool Arrow Kicker," who suggests there will no MR762 (commercial sales) rifles brought into the US after this October? is there any truth to this claim, or is it just another internet thing.... Isn't the new plant focusing on civilian sales? He also talks about the 416 being phased out and being replaced, even though the Marine Corps are going nearly entirely with the M27/416, etc.....

again, I don't general put much stock in the comments section of internet boards, but this had me scratching my head.
    Too funny, they banned CAK on here two months ago. He had a some very interesting things/info to convey. His methods were a bit Neanderthal but if you could ignore all the BS there was some really good intel in what he was saying. And again, I’ll go back to the Pressburg interview/Article that came up last time he was on here, about why the 416 was adopted and it’s primary advantage over othe rifles (primarily DI).

https://www.arbuildjunkie.com/chuck-pressburg-hk-416/
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

<----------------

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links