Newish HK's G95k...longer rail
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Newish HK's G95k...longer rail

  1. #1
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    dms16's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,929
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

    Default Newish HK's G95k...longer rail



    SPARTANAT: CONCAMO and HK G95K in the field - Soldier Systems Daily

    Kind of a cool rail I guess; never seen a full-length rail on a newer 14.5". Still got stupid HKey mod on it and it looks like they put the head of the cross-bolt on the left side of the gun. REALLY wish they'd get their head in the MLOK game and/or trim down the I-beam effect and ditch the pic rail on the bottom rear 3/4 at least. (yeah, yeah....I know they need all the 40mm GL mount option)

  2. #2
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 2,998
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Default

    Either my eyes are much worse than I thought or that camo is awesome!

    Seriously though, maybe it is the angle but the front bottom slope cut in the HG does not seem as severe as the the stock photos of the G95.

    I find it curious that Germany/Bundewehr is to keeping the A5 AGB and other countries, US (M27) and France went with vented AGB's. @baljar , any idea why?
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 04-18-2019 at 08:30 PM.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

  3. #3
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    dms16's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,929
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    Either my eyes are much worse than I thought or that camo is awesome!

    Seriously though, maybe it is the angle but the front bottom slope cut in the HG does not seem as severe as the the stock photos of the G95.

    The pictures of the camo are well done and the staging well selected (save for maybe the 2 where light/shadow would be a problem for our soldiers remaining undetected). Can't comment on the camo, but it's always super hard to judge camo via a pic with fixed perspective and no dimension. Really a fascinating subject if you want..."get into the weeds" on it.

    Where are their stock pics of the G95?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 2,998
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    The pictures of the camo are well done and the staging well selected (save for maybe the 2 where light/shadow would be a problem for our soldiers remaining undetected). Can't comment on the camo, but it's always super hard to judge camo via a pic with fixed perspective and no dimension. Really a fascinating subject if you want..."get into the weeds" on it.

    Where are their stock pics of the G95?
    Stock Pics on google: I may be misusing the term stock pics. These are general pics posted (1st one by TFB).

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Heck...kuedFhNyMnBuM:

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Heck...sO9qlLHBPuAVM:

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Heck...H29iE_XIvOt0M:

  6. #5
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Montrala's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2003
    Location : Poland
    Age : 48
    Posts : 3,462
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

  7. #6
    HKPRO Professional
    LCSO264's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2005
    Location : Northwest
    Age : 44
    Posts : 3,822
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Default

    I agree they need to get on the MLok wagon. I will of course become more concerned with this when more of their OEM accessories become more readily available here... for now, I'm good with my Geiselle rail
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

  8. #7
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 700
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    I find it curious that Germany/Bundewehr is to keeping the A5 AGB and other countries, US (M27) and France went with vented AGB's. @baljar , any idea why?
    Bundeswehr only procured G95 for special operations units. Not the entire army. They will use weapon very frequently with B&T MARS surpressors, hence the logic was possibly that a dedicated setting is wanted to get the "best" function and not a "good compromise" like the vented systems are.

  9. #8
    Member

    Join Date : Dec 2014
    Location : Netherlands
    Posts : 87
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post

    Kind of a cool rail I guess; never seen a full-length rail on a newer 14.5".
    My 14.5” MR223A3 with long rail (and original for reference).

    Newish HK's  G95k...longer rail-11b663ef-4f48-4eee-8e50-35a52f4b7ab1.jpeg

  10. #9
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    dms16's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,929
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

    Default

    @Montrala and @AmericaNL ,

    The rail in the OP pic has the HKey mod and 6 o'clock pic rail the full length of the rail...so different

  11. #10
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 33,188
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

    Default

    Great pic--- reminds me of the 1980's advertising of the "operator" emerging from the water!!!

    Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

hk g95k

Click on a term to search for related topics.