416 Brownell’s build - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 416 Brownell’s build

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy_mcgee View Post
    The barrels from Nefarious Arms do they have the Extractor support lug?
    These aren’t going to be OTB barrels. Just chrome lined and in various lengths/profiles.

"...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The barrels from Nefarious Arms are based on hammer forged blanks.

Lawn Dart
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Ok....just curious on your post. Are your referencing the makguntech post?????

Just trying to keep in the loop on whose on first, and what's on second. If I've missed the spot, please let me know.

Thanks and Cheers!!!!
    The same answer I gave to someone in a PM:

Shitty sales technique. Claim that because some part of the barrel was "made in germany" then it's just as good as HK. Smarmy tactics like that drive people like me to do business elsewhere.

Fact is that it's not an HK416 barrel. Not the same material, not produced the same, not processed the same (chrome lining) and certainly not QA/QC'd the same.

C

Sorry for the extreme delay in answering, been working a metric ****-ton of OT lately.

My business is war and business is good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In terms of barrels, i wonder if cutting down a Brownells barrel to 10.4 would work out and swapping the gas block to a vented. Or if you could just drill out the current one. Still trying to see which route is best on a build from Brownells or working on an MR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While I see what you mean, I don’t think it’s a shady advertising technique to advertise that the barrels you import from Germany are such. No one is claiming that Hurricane Butterfly is importing HK barrels, they are however one of the best 10.4” barrels on the market at this time. I’m sure Nefarious Arms will make an awesome barrel if you were in the preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by InshallahTech View Post
    The same answer I gave to someone in a PM:

Sorry for the extreme delay in answering, been working a metric ****-ton of OT lately.

My business is war and business is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’m honestly surprised I haven’t heard of anyone trying this. I can’t see why it can’t be done. Have the gas port opened up to 1.6mm and you’re good to go with a vented gas block.

Quote Originally Posted by hcarmody View Post
    In terms of barrels, i wonder if cutting down a Brownells barrel to 10.4 would work out and swapping the gas block to a vented. Or if you could just drill out the current one. Still trying to see which route is best on a build from Brownells or working on an MR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Beth from Nefarious emailed to check on my order status today-sounds like the barrels will be ready early? I think these 10” barrels will work with the piston that came in the Brownell’s kit...

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cjude View Post
    Beth from Nefarious emailed to check on my order status today-sounds like the barrels will be ready early? I think these 10” barrels will work with the piston that came in the Brownell’s kit...
    Check out his FB page. They updated it with pictures yesterday. Side note, it’s wonderful to have someone actually come through on getting those done within the time frame given.

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Shoot. I wanted to send my HK extension in for mine.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MakGunTech View Post
    While I see what you mean, I don’t think it’s a shady advertising technique to advertise that the barrels you import from Germany are such. No one is claiming that Hurricane Butterfly is importing HK barrels, they are however one of the best 10.4” barrels on the market at this time. I’m sure Nefarious Arms will make an awesome barrel if you were in the preorder.
    I was the one who messaged @InshallahTech . I'm pretty sure the message is don't believe everything you read.

For instance the Operating Rod is advertised as only being compatible with 10.4 inch barrels when they work on everything except the HK416C length barrels.

The Adjustable Gas Block is advertised as being compatible with 14.5+ inch barrels when it works on 10.4 inch barrels with ~1.5-1.6 barrel port size. Furthermore the only place an AGB with sling loops has been seen in the wild is on 10.4 inch barrels.

There is no telling what other details are incorrect...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links