HK417 Upper Reciever Rod/Fixture for Barrel installation - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: HK417 Upper Reciever Rod/Fixture for Barrel installation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by overkill8000 View Post
    What’s this 417 rod you guys are discussing then? I’m lost
    It is just a tool to hold the upper receiver, so the barrel can be installed - requires about 80lb's of torque. you clamp it into a vice, slide your receiver onto it, and you have a ridged platform to torque the barrel nut on:

HK417 Upper Reciever Rod/Fixture for Barrel installation-rod.png

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK#7 View Post
    regards, I felt this may be a challenge - I have another request into Brownells for a suggestion. I am trying to avoid the picatinny rail style, as it just does not seem to be an ideal method for this.
    Unfortunately, Brownells was no help, and I fear I am going to be stuck with a rail type mount in order to make this happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Rail type mount? Link? So to attach a barrel is there a solution for a vice?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

If you are trying to install a barrel, send it to Marine0303. James has factory equipment and has installed and uninstalled 762/417 barrels for me with no issue.
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 06-09-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    Some guys brought the need for a 417 rod up to Marvin Pitts of Nefarious Arms. You might hit him up to see if it ever got legs.
    Marvin Pitts don't have them, I asked.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SEAINC View Post
    Marvin Pitts don't have them, I asked.
    What I saw was if there was significant enough interest then he was the guy to make them. Sorry for the confusion, I didn’t mean he had them.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Though certainly a different method, I used this barrel vise and rosin and had very good results

https://www.amazon.com/Mechforce-Pro...gateway&sr=8-5

I was able to completely remove and then reinstall the barrel nut and barrel from the upper without much difficulty. Made sure the vise was bolted into my desk well, and then clamped the barrel down and used a torque wrench and barrel nut spanner. This vise held up to the high torque settings used on the MR762 with no issues. The cowhide patches left some residue on the barrel afterward, but this was easily removed with a little CLP and a brush in no time, leaving no marks at all on the barrel.

Used this for my G28 build, and 1,000 rounds in its still shooting within the advertised MOA. I’m certain there are more appropriate means to remove the barrel on this rifle, but this 99$ vise definitely got the job done, and I am by no means a proficient gunsmith.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by browna7171 View Post
    Though certainly a different method, I used this barrel vise and rosin and had very good results

https://www.amazon.com/Mechforce-Pro...gateway&sr=8-5

I was able to completely remove and then reinstall the barrel nut and barrel from the upper without much difficulty. Made sure the vise was bolted into my desk well, and then clamped the barrel down and used a torque wrench and barrel nut spanner. This vise held up to the high torque settings used on the MR762 with no issues. The cowhide patches left some residue on the barrel afterward, but this was easily removed with a little CLP and a brush in no time, leaving no marks at all on the barrel.

Used this for my G28 build, and 1,000 rounds in its still shooting within the advertised MOA. I’m certain there are more appropriate means to remove the barrel on this rifle, but this 99$ vise definitely got the job done, and I am by no means a proficient gunsmith.

Thank you for the suggestion. I almost bought this, as I was getting about done with waiting. I looked into every method, and idea out there, and came up blank for compatibility with the HK417. I finally reached out to HK, and the woman I have been working with contacted me last week, and I said that she was able to round up the "HK417 Barrell Assembly Shaft" for me. It took about a month, and a half, but it will be hear shortly, and I will post some additional info when I get it... It appears to be very similar to the Geissele Reaction rod - just specific to the HK417/MR762.
    UMP45 ENTRY likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HK417 Upper Reciever Rod/Fixture for Barrel installation (UPDATE)

Quote Originally Posted by HK#7 View Post
    Unfortunately, Brownells was no help, and I fear I am going to be stuck with a rail type mount in order to make this happen.
    I looked into every method, and idea out there, and came up blank for compatibility with the HK417. I finally reached out to HK, and the woman I have been working with contacted me last week, and said that she was able to round up the "Barrell Assembly Shaft" for me. It took about a month, and a half, but it arrived. It is very similar to the Geissele Reaction rod, just made for the HK417/MR762. Fit is good, and holds real well. I have a real busy weekend, and will not get to into installing this until next week, but here is a bit of info and pictures:

HK Part 50 353 111 (BARREL ASSEMBLY SHAFT, HK417) (Counter Bracket)

HK417 Upper Reciever Rod/Fixture for Barrel installation-20190723_141444.jpgHK417 Upper Reciever Rod/Fixture for Barrel installation-20190725_210324.jpgHK417 Upper Reciever Rod/Fixture for Barrel installation-20190723_141521.jpgHK417 Upper Reciever Rod/Fixture for Barrel installation-viced-hk417.jpg[
    Last edited by HK#7; 08-10-2019 at 03:48 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

@HK#7

Great news, thanks for leading the charge. Now that part number is known we are all going to call HK USA CS and order one. Can’t wait to see the back order list on these!

Thank you HK#7 and HKCS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links