MR762A1 with OSS Suppressor....wow - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: MR762A1 with OSS Suppressor....wow

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I love my OSS on the MR762, not the quietest can out there but still hearing safe, almost zero POI shift and no blowback.
    caf82313 and hkuser9817 like this.

mew
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I think the OSS was a game changer for design as the Maxim baffle design no matter it's improvement in materials is from 1906??
    And the 2 piece original OSS was a beast and over complicated with the 2 modules I'm sure now they are way better with the same
    engineering concepts. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one for sure. It is a beast @12" and feels like #2+...........
    caf82313 likes this.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    Yeah I have never understood the backlash against a Suppressor HK actually approved for their guns I love mine..............Now get you a Geissele trigger and you will really like it
    I have Geissele triggers on my .223 Wylde build and on a 300 blackout build. Love both of them. Also Geissele charging handles and scope mounts all around. Their Super 42 Braided spring on the blackout...great products and customer support. But I have been hesitant to replace the trigger on the HK....honestly I have gotten so used to it, that I really don't do that much better with the SSA-E on my .223. I got around to measuring the groups from Saturday with the can...100 yards, none over .4 inch. This was the best group of 5 measured center to center (zeroed the caliper around a .308 bullet). A couple of groups of 3 at or under .3.
    MR762A1 with OSS Suppressor....wow-img_9944.jpg
    Last edited by hkuser9817; 07-16-2019 at 01:37 AM.
    caf82313 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK91A2 View Post
    Did you have to change anything (gas port?) to get it to function with the suppressor? I had to change locking pieces (I know, a completely different system than the 762) to get my HK-91A2 to function with a can.
    No changes required....it just worked. It also works with my 7.5" 300 blackout that has an H1 buffer and with my 18" .223 Wylde that has rifle length gas tube. I am waiting for OSS to release their 5.56 Flash Hider QD mount to try it on my 11.5" Aero Precision AR pistol. It doesn't get terribly hot, so relatively easy to move from one gun to another. Cools down in the time it takes to walk downrange to change targets (100 yards).
    HK91A2 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaoKahn View Post
    I’m not interested in how it performs on other platforms other than on MR series, because that’s all I’m using it on (dedicated cans). And on those platforms, I MUCH prefer OSS for a few reasons:
    1) One of the quietest if not THE quietest cans at the shooter’s ear
    2) Reduced blowback and gas pressure; no need to adjust a gas block
    3) Minimal POI shift

Trade off, they’re a little heavier than other cans. But for me, the positives outweighs negatives.

If you haven’t seen this yet, here is a comparison on the MAC:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1uroNmDS6wk
    add to that .... slight increase in velocity as measured by my labradar.... about 10 fps faster with FGMM 168 Gr SMK. No significant change is Standard Deviation (8.7 with suppressor vs 8.6 without). Has anyone tried the Titanium OSS suppressor? After the long wait, I am wondering if I should have bought that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkuser9817 View Post
    add to that .... slight increase in velocity as measured by my labradar.... about 10 fps faster with FGMM 168 Gr SMK. No significant change is Standard Deviation (8.7 with suppressor vs 8.6 without). Has anyone tried the Titanium OSS suppressor? After the long wait, I am wondering if I should have bought that one.
    As mentioned, I have the OSS EL762 which is the titanium version of the Helix line. Using my Magentospeed and the EL762 attached, I register 2505 FPS at the muzzle using FGMM SMK 175 gr. Didn’t check without the suppressor since I wouldn’t be using it without it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaoKahn View Post
    As mentioned, I have the OSS EL762 which is the titanium version of the Helix line. Using my Magentospeed and the EL762 attached, I register 2505 FPS at the muzzle using FGMM SMK 175 gr. Didn’t check without the suppressor since I wouldn’t be using it without it.
    FGMM SMK 175 gr I got 2461 FPS measured with magnetospeed and a a few weeks later another measurement with labRadar of 2463 FPS. Both measurements were in winter.... This was before I started recording all the environmental details in Excel, but I am sure it was cool. So may not be comparable to your measurements...I have also seen differences from case to case. I now sample a few rounds from each case if I am going to use them for long range.
    Yeah...and I have the same feeling now....no plans on shooting without the suppressor. May need to get another on order.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Using the magnetospeed before I got my OSS Gen V can, I was averaging 2498 FPS with my Hornady 178gr ELD-X handload.

After putting the can on it went up to 2543 FPS.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Congrats on the suppressor, I’d love to get one someday myself, also sounds like some good shooting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So to give a little more info, the bullet speed was measured with the following conditions:
    Altitude - 4600’
    Temp - 88 degrees
    RH - 13%

OSS Helix EL762 mounted (flush mount, 3 piece suppressor)

Just for curiosity’s sake, I may try and measure the speed without the suppressor attached next time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links