M27 barrels/uppers for sale... suspicious?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By RegularGuy461969
  • 1 Post By Brad4065
  • 2 Post By UMP45 ENTRY

Thread: M27 barrels/uppers for sale... suspicious?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default M27 barrels/uppers for sale... suspicious?

Noticing some 16.5" barrels and even a complete M27 upper have shown up for sale online recently... do you think they are they from legitimate sources or straight up stolen .gov property? Is it smartest to just stay away?

I'm thinking the only way to get an M27 upper is from the Marines and the Marines don't sell 'em... am I right or is it something that LEOs could get their hands on or demo guns parted out like other 416 uppers in the past?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How can you prove that Mp5 parts kits weren't stolen ? Or g36 or ump?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Are you referring to upper on GB? He refers to it as a M27 style upper. I’m wandering if it’s one the M27 barrels that we’ve seen in the wild placed on a 416D BA upper.

And it is appearing after a few M27 barrels just sold here on Pro.

I could be wrong, have been in the past but I’d say, Caveat Emptor...

I’m not insinuating any of these barrels or the upper are stolen DoD Property, or as Rocke Guns likes to carve on there fake 416s - US Government.
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 07-25-2019 at 04:46 AM.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The one that was on GB belongs to a member here if I'm not mistaken. He posted it here and then moved it to GB due to a lack of interest.

I've seen no evidence to indicate that the 16.5" barrel assemblies or even the blank uppers lots are stolen property. If someone has an inside scope, please feel free to share.
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacL View Post
    The one that was on GB belongs to a member here if I'm not mistaken. He posted it here and then moved it to GB due to a lack of interest.

I've seen no evidence to indicate that the 16.5" barrel assemblies or even the blank uppers lots are stolen property. If someone has an inside scope, please feel free to share.
    I clarified my position above, but stolen mil property is not unheard of in the HK 416 upper market. People have been visited by CID for them...
    IsaacL likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacL View Post

If I'm not mistaken, this belongs to UMP45entry..... if interested, I would PM him and ask him the specifics. I could be wrong.....nah. I'm right, because I know my shiznit

Chime in Sparky
    IsaacL likes this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes, that is my upper for sale on GB (The second one). The first one was sold with all of the M27 accessories I purchased for it since I was going to keep both of them and the buyer loves it. I didn’t intend to sell them, that’s why I built them both all the way up but I’m switching gears. I’m going to stick to 14.5” barrels for what I do with them. The guy I got the barrel assemblies from didn’t say where they came from but I didn’t ask and I would have no reason to believe there was any foul play.
    RegularGuy461969 and IsaacL like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UMP45 ENTRY View Post
    Yes, that is my upper for sale on GB (The second one). The first one was sold with all of the M27 accessories I purchased for it since I was going to keep both of them and the buyer loves it. I didn’t intend to sell them, that’s why I built them both all the way up but I’m switching gears. I’m going to stick to 14.5” barrels for what I do with them. The guy I got the barrel assemblies from didn’t say where they came from but I didn’t ask and I would have no reason to believe there was any foul play.
    UMP, thanks for clarifying and wasn’t insinuating they were stolen per my clarification. But figured it was built up.

Enough of the barrels have made it out into the wild, as we know, HK on occasions can leak like a sieve.

I must say it looks beautiful, great job matching everything. I like shorties too much for anything longer, except my “20.
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 07-24-2019 at 03:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, thanks UMP, makes sense and sounds legit.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UMP45 ENTRY View Post
    You're welcome?????

Sponsored Links