416 Barrel/gas block help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UMP45 ENTRY

Thread: 416 Barrel/gas block help

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default 416 Barrel/gas block help

Thinking of trying a Nefarious Arms 16" IAR style barrel and throwing in on a 10.4 upper with non vented gas block. I'm not sure what gas block I would need for correct function. Would the 10.4 non vented gas block make the 16" overgassed?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes, it would be extremely overgassed with no vent. You’re going to want to get the 14.5”/16” vented gas block that has a 1.5mm vent on the front. I have 2 new ones available for sale. If you’re interested, PM me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks! I'll let you know what I decide tomorrow. Need to decide on 14.5 or IAR style barrel too!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have one of Marvin's 10.4" light contour barrels on pre-order and the adjustable vented gas block for 10.4" as well. Does anyone know what specs I need to have the barrel vent hole(s) drilled to please?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by airwebber View Post
    I have one of Marvin's 10.4" light contour barrels on pre-order and the adjustable vented gas block for 10.4" as well. Does anyone know what specs I need to have the barrel vent hole(s) drilled to please?
    You’re going to want to make sure he drills your barrel gas port out to 1.6mm for use with the adjustable vented 10.4” gas block. If you want to double check the block you have, the 14.5”/16” adjustable blocks have a 1.5mm vent, and the 10.4” adjustable blocks have a 1mm vent in the front.
    kbinmt likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UMP45 ENTRY View Post
    You’re going to want to make sure he drills your barrel gas port out to 1.6mm for use with the adjustable vented 10.4” gas block. If you want to double check the block you have, the 14.5”/16” adjustable blocks have a 1.5mm vent, and the 10.4” adjustable blocks have a 1mm vent in the front.
    Thanks for the info! I ordered the adjustable vented gas block from RKS USA, so I am nervous to ask Marvin to drill the gas port out until it eventually arrives. So the adjustable vented 10.4” gas block has a second 1mm vent hole that needs to be drilled or that hole is part of the actual gas block it self?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eventually is right. I ordered my GB from RKS 2 months ago. But apparently waiting months is common for stuff they show in stock since its coming from overseas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aksog View Post
    Eventually is right. I ordered my GB from RKS 2 months ago. But apparently waiting months is common for stuff they show in stock since its coming from overseas.
    They gave me a heads up it would be a few months prior to ordering.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by airwebber View Post
    Thanks for the info! I ordered the adjustable vented gas block from RKS USA, so I am nervous to ask Marvin to drill the gas port out until it eventually arrives. So the adjustable vented 10.4” gas block has a second 1mm vent hole that needs to be drilled or that hole is part of the actual gas block it self?
    Anytime! The 1mm vent hole will already be in the front of the adjustable gas block when you get it from RKS. The only hole you’ll have to bore out to 1.6mm is the gas port in the barrel itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question, i'm having issues with a 10.4 suppressed HK 416. I've had the gun sent to HK to diagnose the issue and they installed a ported gas block. The gun continues to malfunction, bolt over round. I've tried replacing the buffer and spring to no avail. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links