MR-762 LRP Opinions needed..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: MR-762 LRP Opinions needed.....

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leperchuan0311 View Post
    the one thing to consider is the stock set up is much nicer on the lrp set up I sold my lrp for so I could fund a regular one but then I also SBR to a 13 inch system. I really did like the stock set up on the lrp package. I am now going to try and find the parts to get the g28 stock set up again for my sbr
    It ain’t no $6000 stock set with all of the other crap they threw in. Buy a 762 and the G28 stock set separate. You’ll save $2k+/- and having to try to sell the crap scope and bipod just to get a G28 stock.
    mew likes this.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacL View Post
    Neither...get an M107!

#IfItsNotFiftyCaliberItDontMatter

Guess who's feeling salty today
    Yeah.....I've got that one too. It's just a tad too loud for my ears. Plus, when you're shooting coyotes out to 700 yds, you'd like to be able
    to take a picture, without looking like Jeffery Dahmer at lunch.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I’d agree with pretty much everyone here. The LRP package is so mediocre with an unjustifiable price. I bought the MR762 and built a G28 clone. WAY better parts, but it’s waay more expensive than an LRP too. ;) But at least I didn’t waste money on junk parts that I’d be discarding anyway.
    Brad4065 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

MR762A1 and customize!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The LRP is way overpriced for what you are getting in my opinion.

You could get a standard MR762A1, a Geissele trigger, Geissele scope mount, and a Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 and still be in it nearly the same money and have a wayyyyyyyyyy better setup.

Also the standard MR762A1 will stabilize the heavy projectiles just fine. Mine absolutely loves the Hornady 178 ELD-X. It holds .5 to .75 MOA at all practical distances with that projectile. Last week I took it way way wayyyyy past it’s effective distance and was able to get a first round hit on a 2 MOA target at 1 mile. Not a chance I could do that again, but it’s possible.
    Brad4065 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ErickZ View Post

You could get a standard MR762A1, a Geissele trigger, Geissele scope mount, and a Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 and still be in it nearly the same money and have a wayyyyyyyyyy better setup.

Also the standard MR762A1 will stabilize the heavy projectiles just fine. Mine absolutely loves the Hornady 178 ELD-X. It holds .5 to .75 MOA at all practical distances with that projectile. Last week I took it way way wayyyyy past it’s effective distance and was able to get a first round hit on a 2 MOA target at 1 mile. Not a chance I could do that again, but it’s possible.
    So you went 1 mile with it??? What, if anything have you done to your MR762? Did you change out the trigger? If so, with what?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickZ View Post

So you went 1 mile with it??? What, if anything have you done to your MR762? Did you change out the trigger? If so, with what?

Thanks in advance.

I regularly take it to 1,100 yards. It’s a consistent first round hit gun out to 1,000 yards. Prior to this last trip the furthest I had taken it was 1,609 yards which I went 3/12.

When I took it to a mile I ended up dialing the max elevation I could (Vortex Razor HD2) of 71.25 MOA, then held an additional 30 MOA, and held 4 MOA left for wind. I expected to hit maybe once or twice out of a mag. Hitting on the first round was more of a surprise to me than my friends. I flipped it to safe, dropped the mag, unloaded and put it up for the day.

The only thing I’ve done is replace the trigger with a Geissele, Geissele charging handle, and OSS suppressor.

The gun really likes the Hornady 178 ELD-X bullets. I’ve used it hunting and have taken an antelope, mule deer, and elk. Rather heavy gun to hunt with though.
    caf82313, Brad4065 and raycao88124 like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well if you are interested in one let me know. I have a wedding to pay for so lol. As for the rifle itself I love it. Very comfortable to shoot, always a looker at the range and I have no complaints. Don’t know the deep specs, just know it has been great.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've had an MR762 LRP since April of 2015 If I recall correctly. The first thing I did was replace that deer hunting scope with a NightForce FFP and since then it now has a Schmit Bender PMII on it. I've upgraded the trigger to a Geissele, the muzzle device to PWS, and the handguard to the HK extended pic rail. The bipod has also been replaced to a Atlas CAL gen II. Hell I have even replaced the foam in the Pelican case to something that I thought was better.

So far I've had 5k rounds thru her, at various classes and local rifle matches. I can tell you one thing about the LRP. Buy it cause you have the coin and love the idea of the LRP. If not get a regular MR762 and a G28 stock and which ever optic you want. Honestly the regular HK nyon rifle bags are very nice.

I believe in the rule of two so I have two MR762's. The other is a "stock" MR762 with Geissele mlok rail and Minox 1-8.
    Get clean shots, watch your background.
    Instagram: Needmore308

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wnapier3rd View Post
    As for the rifle itself I love it. Very comfortable to shoot, always a looker at the range and I have no complaints.
    That is very true. The rifle is always a Ferrari at the range, everyone wants to know what it is. It's a excellent shooter and I love that thing as much as my dogs. If the end of the world was right now, I'd hug my dogs and the LRP. (I'm single no kids).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links