Yay...a mud test. INRange doing an MR556 upper!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Yay...a mud test. INRange doing an MR556 upper!

  1. #1
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    dms16's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,580
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Default Yay...a mud test. INRange doing an MR556 upper!




  2. #2
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    scubacuba's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2011
    Location : Virginia Beach, VA
    Age : 52
    Posts : 476
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    I’m wondering why he decided not to use a complete, factory MR556A1.

  3. #3
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    dms16's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,580
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scubacuba View Post
    I’m wondering why he decided not to use a complete, factory MR556A1.
    a) they bought the upper as a kit
    b) it wouldn't make a difference either way
    c) both a and b

    I'm still pretty jet lagged, but did they ever mention what trigger that is...looks like a straight trigger.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 2,564
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    did they ever mention what trigger that is...looks like a straight trigger.
    I think he said SLT2.

    And since when are KAC BUIS stock on a 556?
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 08-10-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

  6. #5
    The Librarian
    Oicani's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Location : PA
    Posts : 5,151
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Default

    Had top watching it right after he said, let me pour some mud into the upper with the dust cover open....

    Also, the way he “with one shake” off the mud is a very sad attempt. My 9 year old can do a better job.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

  7. #6
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    dms16's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,580
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    I think he said SLT2.

    And since when are KAC BUIS stock on a 556?
    I think they did a half-assed M27 clone for a video some time ago. Probably the same setup.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    Had top watching it right after he said, let me pour some mud into the upper with the dust cover open....

    Also, the way he “with one shake” off the mud is a very sad attempt. My 9 year old can do a better job.
    It's entertainment disguised as information. Too much stock goes into stuff like this and Mac's "gauntlet". I found something like their desert drive dust test a bit more applicable.

    Bottom line: Once you get foreign matter into the inner workings...all bets are off.
    navyman8903 likes this.

  8. #7
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 2,564
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Bottom line: Once you get foreign matter into the inner workings...all bets are off.
    But isn’t OTB unstoppable! (Insert sarcasm emoji).

    I’d love to see the dust test you mention. That sounds much more along the lines discussed as the reason(s) for the 416 (prop wash, desert gritty environment).

  9. #8
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    dms16's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,580
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    But isn’t OTB unstoppable! (Insert sarcasm emoji).

    I’d love to see the dust test you mention. That sounds much more along the lines discussed as the reason(s) for the 416 (prop wash, desert gritty environment).


    There's an AK one as well.

  10. #9
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 30,094
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

    Default

    Is that "Rocket" in the first picture???
    Thanks for the interesting videos.

    Tony

  11. #10
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Brad4065's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : That black SUV in your driveway
    Posts : 3,209
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

    Default

    What garbage.

    Here's what I can tell you. I've carried my MR556/416 10.4 {and well, honestly one of my MP5's too} EVERYWHERE. They both been dropped in the creek, MR run over by a 4-wheeler, MP5 slung off the four wheeler into the creek, both dropped/beat to death, and neither still never failed to fire. Of course, I didn't drop a butt load of sand and dirt into it....deliberately, and the above listed happened by accident, as I would never intentionally treat ANY of my HK's in that manner.

    I'm sure if I stove it into the ground, jammed mud into the mag well, it would fail. Jeeze.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •