HK416F/MR223F sights?

Thread: HK416F/MR223F sights?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK416F/MR223F sights?

I know that the HK416F (and the civilian MR223F variants) have unique sights, namely the rear sight. I've read that it was modeled partly after the FAMAS rifle rear sight. However, looking at photos of the 416F recently, the rear sight actually reminds me of the FN SCAR rear sights. Can someone provide me with further details of the 416F rear iron sights?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arent those the flip up sights with the quick detach? Hkparts has them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Front sight seems to be standard HK. Rear sight from what I read is inspired by the FAMAS rear sight and is unique to the F series 416s and MR223s. It also looks kinda like HK's take on the FN SCAR style rear sight. I'll take a look and see if HKParts has the F type sights.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I have an MR223F and for 5 years owned a Famas. The rear Famas sight is nothing like the MR223F counterpart.

The famas sight is really weird and to adjust it you need to take the carry handle off. In the field you can merely operate the front and back cap. If you you fold down the front and back cap, you end up with the CQB dipoter sight size. If you just fold the backward cap, you have a mid range whole and if you keep both caps in the upright position you have the smallest hole for long distance shooting. Elevation is adjusted via removing the carry handle. horizontal adjustment is done at the front.

The MR223F has everything in the rear iron sight which indeed looks more like a SCAR (which I also own). You have 2 settings as far as the dipopter sight size goes plus vertical and horizontal adjustments as with other flip up sights. The MR223F rear sight is a nice piece of machinery, more nuanced than the stock MR223A3 rear sight IMO
    Helvetiorum Fidei ac Virtuti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Standard current HK416/417 iron sights (which appearently will also be used on the 433) is a folding front sight with a fixed post, while the rear sight is also folding, but adjustable for windage (knob on the sight base) and elevation (pulling and rotating the aperture one direction for up, the other direction for down). The F series rear sight does remind me of the SCAR's site and does look more substantial than the basic HK rear sight.

However, it does seem that the French Army want their iron sights to function as a primary sighting device, while the basic HK sights are meant primarily to be back up sights, though with more adjustment than normal in them (both the F and standard to have fixed post front sights, though).

Sponsored Links