HKPRO Forums banner

Brownells hk416

6K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  MSOGDAWG 
#1 ·
Right when I want to buy one they are out ! Spoke with customer service looks they won’t get any more ....... damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I can help with finding real ones should anyone have that itch;-)

If I recall correctly, Brownells got something like 2200 forgings. It seems a bit excessive to believe they sold all of them. It is possible they didn’t machine them all. Based on the prices I saw, they paid in and around $60 per forging (probably got a bulk discount to some degree considering all the other parts they bought). Machining them was probably $20-$50 a pop. There would have been shipping, paperwork man hours, overhead, etc. But, that should give a reasonable picture of what their margins were.

There is unlikely to be more as they were the squared magwell design and HK has since moved on to the A5 profile which has an angled magwell.

#20 · (Edited)
I have an itch now do I want to pay 4K for one ... or just go different way and build 417 and hope someone makes barrel .... or just collect parts again and build one eventually. I just sold bunch of hk416 parts and now I am kicking my self. I can always get blank upper and get them engraved way I want along with lowers , or build 9mm Frankenstein lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Yeah, it is in whatever that long thread was. I think you hit all of the points. There was a chamfer to the left of the bolt release tab that shouldn’t have been there but is standard on PWS’ millings (what you called the beveled edge). The “ears” on the trigger guard were wrong. Some had that U shape on the front, others didn’t. On most all US imported 416’s the front forging seam was still present. The PWS maker information could have been more discreet than covering the front. They shouldn’t have put full auto markings on them; many people wouldn’t want that kind of false advertising and those who would could easily add those markings.

Just going from memory, was there something about the buffer retainer roll pin placement?

#26 ·
my serial is just shy of 2100, purchased early last month...

I caved because I knew id rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. My gripe with the milling is that it is without a doubt the sloppiest fitting lower of any I've had, that includes an anderson...

If the A5 upper didn't have the spring on the rear lug I would've sold it and given up on playing the 416 game

#41 ·
You can't wait. This is why I purchased a 417 parts kit. They went from 60 to 13 a few days ago. I always wanted a HK MR762. I figured this was a great way to get a gun that I always wanted and is very limited. Brownells is stating that once they are gone there's no more. We all know how hard it is to get any military/LE components from HK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.