Cutting Brownells 416 Barrel to 10.4"
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yz125racer

Thread: Cutting Brownells 416 Barrel to 10.4"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Cutting Brownells 416 Barrel to 10.4"

Has anyone attempted to cut down the 16" 416 barrel that Brownells has? I know Marvin has 10.4" barrels but I am looking at other options. Are the gas port sizes different? I have a 10.4" vented gas block for it.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Gas port sizes must be different due to the decreased dwell time on the shorter barrel.

I'm not sure what size would be correct for a 10.4 though. I'm sure someone here will chime in, but I'd be shocked if this information isn't already on the forum somewhere.
    Search is your friend.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5 inbound

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Gas port sizes must be different due to the decreased dwell time on the shorter barrel.

I'm not sure what size would be correct for a 10.4 though. I'm sure someone here will chime in, but I'd be shocked if this information isn't already on the forum somewhere.
    Search is your friend.
    I tried searching, never to find an exact measurement. I was looking around in Nefarious arms barrel thread and he says something about barrel port size needs to be customized for gas block and barrel length but no mention of exact gas port size.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update: I have found a post that states that the original HK spec for the 10.4" barrels with the vented gas block is a 1.6mm vent.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I know you've said your looking for other options but I would think Marvin would be your best option here. The barrels he is making are chrome lined also. Brownells barrel at $300 + the cost to chop and drill the gas port and may not even run right. I think Marvin's price is around $445 and its ready to go. Probably comes out to be the same price either way.
    holshot36 likes this.

Sponsored Links