HK416 10.4 barrel offset

Thread: HK416 10.4 barrel offset

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK416 10.4 barrel offset

First post, please excuse my ignorance, and possible double/triple-posting of issue, but i recently purchased a10.4 barrel from HKparts.net, installed fine even fired. No issues. however, in my excitement and haste, i did not realize that my barrel is slightly offset from the receiver. Not sure if its a forging error, or if its completely normal, but the gas block sits off center from the center bore line of the barrel; like its a few degrees off from center. Did not effect initial firing or accuracy, but over time I wonder if it will become an issue. Or is there a fix other than replacing the barrel? Any advice is welcome, and look forward to any tips.
    Thanks in advance!!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

I can't imagine it's good for the oprod, piston, or rings. If your receiver is correct, the barrel isn't and I'd return it. Either get another from hkparts/gsg9, or contact @nefariousarms

(which is what I'd recommend.)

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I had this same issue with a GSG9 G36 barrel.

I didn’t notice until I cleaned the gun and noticed that the op rod actually bent and mushroomed inside the receiver, so
    I had to cut it in half in order to get it out.

I sent the gun to Tommy and he informed me that the pins were installed improperly which caused the gas block to be offset.

You may have a similar issue.
    HK-91, HK-93, USC/UMP Conversion, SL8, G36C, HK45, HK45C, VP9, P30L, USPC 9mm, DJ Getz 94, Omega MP5SD, Vector 53, Vector 51, Cetme Sporter, C93, C93 Pistol, TD-415 (416 Clone), GSG9 416C clone.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I’ve seen the same issue with the 9” GSG9 HK416C barrel. HKParts sent another one with the same problem, I contacted GSG9 and they sent me one that was correct.

Sponsored Links