HK 416 Upper BCG Issues
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HK 416 Upper BCG Issues

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HK 416 Upper BCG Issues

So I’m not sure what’s the deal with my upper. It is a brownells 416 upper and barrel, MR556 bcg and bolt, and 416 buffer and spring. This is sitting on my rock river lower at the moment. The issue i am having is when i pull the charging handle back it gets stuck right at the end of travel. The only way to release the bolt is to remove the rear takedown pin. I have swapped the upper on another lower and it cycles back just fine. I have never had an issue with my rock river lower either. Does anyone have any idea as to why the bolt is hanging up like this? I have looked over and over and nothing is wearing on the bolt. Any help is appreciated.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnmammons View Post
    So Iím not sure whatís the deal with my upper. It is a brownells 416 upper and barrel, MR556 bcg and bolt, and 416 buffer and spring. This is sitting on my rock river lower at the moment. The issue i am having is when i pull the charging handle back it gets stuck right at the end of travel. The only way to release the bolt is to remove the rear takedown pin. I have swapped the upper on another lower and it cycles back just fine. I have never had an issue with my rock river lower either. Does anyone have any idea as to why the bolt is hanging up like this? I have looked over and over and nothing is wearing on the bolt. Any help is appreciated.
    What trigger/hammer is in the RR?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What trigger/hammer is in the RR?[/QUOTE]

It is a colt milspec. You think the trigger is causing the bolt to hang up like this?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

It is a colt milspec. You think the trigger is causing the bolt to hang up like this?
    Just wanted to make sure you had a milspec hammer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

is the buffer tube on your rock river lower confirmed milspec diameter or is it commercial

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think you have a trigger issue. Thereís a lot posted here about that issue. I donít think Colt triggers are compatible unless maybe full auto. Start here:
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...er-groups.html

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

walking hamer pin?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default HK 416 Upper BCG Issues

Isnít the Brownells upper a true HK416 which might be incompatible with the MR556 BCG. Doesnít the MR556 BCG have a cut out specifically different than the 416 BCG? Maybe there is something making the MR556 BCG not seat completely and or pull back completely? This might have nothing to do with the issue but I believe the two BCGs are different and MR556 might not fit properly.

This thread while not completely on the specific subject touches on the idea. Unfortunately for me most of the pictures are blurry, but may come through for you.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...416-upper.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dbealmear; 01-01-2020 at 12:34 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dbealmear View Post
    Isn’t the Brownells upper a true HK416 which might be incompatible with the MR556 BCG. Doesn’t the MR556 BCG have a cut out specifically different than the 416 BCG? Maybe there is something making the MR556 BCG not seat completely and or pull back completely? This might have nothing to do with the issue but I believe the two BCGs are different and MR556 might not fit properly.

This thread while not completely on the specific subject touches on the idea. Unfortunately for me most of the pictures are blurry, but may come through for you.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...416-upper.html

Edit - I'm incorrect.....again

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...ml#post3629406
    Last edited by kbinmt; 01-01-2020 at 06:50 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    The cut out for the tab on the mr555 barrel extension is in the upper receiver. BCG should have no bearing
    Ok. Just a thought.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links