416 gas block question
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By brodband

Thread: 416 gas block question

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2013
    Posts : 126
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default 416 gas block question

    Picked up a complete 10.4 inch 416 upper. Has a few things I cannot find info on. The gas block is vented, has zero markings sling clips have been removed and it has bayonet lug. Also the upper receiver has a pinned in op rod bushing.

    416 gas block question-8dcd9349-6bc8-44d2-84e8-d3333180e85d_1577619815904.jpeg

    416 gas block question-29879f6f-a393-447f-9a37-077efcf7f3e2_1577619869973.jpeg

  2. #2
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    UMP45 ENTRY's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Posts : 957
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Thatís a nice and pretty rare upper you have. Some AK date coded uppers and all BA+ date coded uppers had the vented blocks. The factory stopped adding sling loops to the BE date coded blocks, so thatís the way yours came from Germany. Iíve also only seen around a handful of older HK416A3/HK416A4 style uppers with the newer A5 style pinned op rod bushing.

  3. #3
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Brad4065's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : That black SUV in your driveway
    Posts : 4,089
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brodband View Post
    Picked up a complete 10.4 inch 416 upper. Has a few things I cannot find info on. The gas block is vented, has zero markings sling clips have been removed and it has bayonet lug. Also the upper receiver has a pinned in op rod bushing.

    Click image for larger version.†

Name:	8DCD9349-6BC8-44D2-84E8-D3333180E85D_1577619815904.jpeg†
Views:	112†
Size:	1.25 MB†
ID:	248438

    Click image for larger version.†

Name:	29879F6F-A393-447F-9A37-077EFCF7F3E2_1577619869973.jpeg†
Views:	71†
Size:	869.8 KB†
ID:	248440
    Congrats!!!!!! Last year or year before, {I forget} there was a batch from Arms unlimited being sold for
    about $5K.....sooooooooo

    You pretty much got the next to last date code available to civilians. BF was the last batch made available to

    peasant civilian market. Personally, I'd love to start seeing BG+ date coded uppers on the market, but

    HK's user end Agreement is making it damn near impossible.

    Cheers!!!!!1
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

  5. #4
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    veritas's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2006
    Location : New Hampshire
    Posts : 2,633
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

    Default

    I bought one of those from AU mid-2017 for $5k, same config of the gas block. At the time I was on the fence, but no regrets today.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "The problem with socialism is eventually you run out of other people's money" ~ Margaret Thatcher
    NRA Benefactor - Life
    GOA Life Member

  6. #5
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2013
    Posts : 126
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I bought one of those from AU mid-2017 for $5k, same config of the gas block. At the time I was on the fence, but no regrets today.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Interesting.

    I traded to get into this thing. Not really what I was specifically wanting as I wanted to use it to build up more of a CAG style 416 which apparently lacks the bushing pin in the upper receiver so I am undecided on if I am going to persue that route anymore.

  7. #6
    Member
    2pc37's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2018
    Posts : 68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Loving the tano Wilcox riser

  8. #7
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2013
    Posts : 126
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2pc37 View Post
    Loving the tano Wilcox riser
    Thanks. It's a nice setup. Definitely the route I will be going if I decide to keep this thing.

    416 gas block question-81211979_2715736308485359_353486941016031232_n.jpg

  9. #8
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 3,112
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brodband View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I bought one of those from AU mid-2017 for $5k, same config of the gas block. At the time I was on the fence, but no regrets today.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Interesting.

    I traded to get into this thing. Not really what I was specifically wanting as I wanted to use it to build up more of a CAG style 416 which apparently lacks the bushing pin in the upper receiver so I am undecided on if I am going to persue that route anymore.
    I have an AK upper with approx 1000 rounds through it. It has a vented gas block on it but no bushing pin. I’ll trade you...
    "Just because you're paranoid doesnít mean they're not after you!"

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts