HK AR mags 30 round - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: HK AR mags 30 round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi guys I am new here to the forums, but not new to HK. I have 7 varieties of USP pistols and will be getting my first AR this week with the delivery of my MR556A1. I wanted to get an HK polymer magazine, but the more I look online the more it looks like they are discontinued. Take for instance the translucent one (2nd from left) in the pictures up above here. It looks like they are now discontinued (via my online search for them). Any reason why? Did HK replace them with a different polymer one I can't find? I would love to know. Thanks in advance!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

anavrin0901 - According to HK USA the translucent polymer 30 round mags have been discontinued. I called in the hope to get replacements for mine (every other drop on the concrete the baseplate slides 1/4 off) and they said none were in stock and they weren't going to get anymore.

Sorry.

Besides having the sin of not being HK, I suggest Lancer Translucent Smoke mags.
    Dushan
    "Not by strength by guile"

T36KERA1 / STEYR AUG / AR15 / HK VP9 / HK P2000 / Glock 43 / Walther "HK" MP5 A5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dushan View Post
    anavrin0901 - According to HK USA the translucent polymer 30 round mags have been discontinued. I called in the hope to get replacements for mine (every other drop on the concrete the baseplate slides 1/4 off) and they said none were in stock and they weren't going to get anymore.

Sorry.

Besides having the sin of not being HK, I suggest Lancer Translucent Smoke mags.
    Thank you so much for your reply! I did notice that HK Parts is still selling these translucent ones I speak of so I might just pick up one then to have it. Sounds like they work great other than the drops of course. I wonder why they stopped making them. I also wondered what the Gen 2 and 3 ones were I saw here, but don't see for sale anywhere. Did they come after the translucent ones? But seriously if you want another, get them while they last I presume on HK Parts as they are the only HK translucent ones I can find.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

anavrin0901 - Besides the baseplate problems there have been numerous reports of them cracking (mine fortunately did not). Those two combined problems is probably why HK discontinued them. Gen 3 are out in Europe but not here. Occasionally they pop up on WTS

If you're willing on getting to go through the process of getting them from overseas

H&K Gen3 PM Magazin, AR-15 / HK416, 30rds, .223, Stanag

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

anavrin0901 - Looks like Hurricane Butterfly managed to acquire some and are selling them domestically

https://hurricane-butterfly.net/prod...-window-black/

https://hurricane-butterfly.net/prod...ndow-ral-8000/

https://hurricane-butterfly.net/prod...ow-black-copy/

Not sure if you want to spend $85 plus shipping on a mag though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dushan View Post
    anavrin0901 - Looks like Hurricane Butterfly managed to acquire some and are selling them domestically

Not sure if you want to spend $85 plus shipping on a mag though...
    Oh wow! That's crazy expensive, but I do love the looks of the black ones. I ordered a translucent one from HK Parts ($27.95 plus shipping) so I'll have that for the time being in addition to the steel one that comes with the AR. Thanks for the links and knowledge. I appreciate it. scoured the web looking for reasons why they were discontinued before posting here.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anavrin0901 View Post
    ...I ordered a translucent one from HK Parts ($27.95 plus shipping) so I'll have that for the time being in addition to the steel one that comes with the AR. Thanks for the links and knowledge. I appreciate it. scoured the web looking for reasons why they were discontinued before posting here.
    Sigh.

And to think CDNN was blowing these out for $10/each a few years back. Glad I picked up a bunch during that timeframe.

As they say, buy cheap and stack deep.

YMMV.
    TheChunkNorris likes this.
    "Amat victoria curam"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    Sigh.

And to think CDNN was blowing these out for $10/each a few years back. Glad I picked up a bunch during that timeframe.

As they say, buy cheap and stack deep.

YMMV.
    Wow! Haha and I thought I was getting a deal at $27 for one since them seem like a unicorn now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I guess here in California I am limited with Pmags M3 i think those fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Since I can't afford a $6000 MR223, I expanded my magazine collection
    HK AR mags 30 round-img_8508.jpg
    Mike916 and GuntherRommel like this.
    "Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot..." - Napoleon, Marshal of France

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links