MR 556 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: MR 556

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    Cease of taking orders is not same as ending production. I verified this and basically it is what I wrote earlier: HK confirmed to European distributors that they will not take more orders for civilian rifles until they clear backlog of professional sales. Yes, this is bad news, but it is not same as going out of EU civilian market forever.
    Thank you for exploring this issue and sharing your discoveries with us!

I would speculate that their offerings in 2021/22 when they may recommence civi production/sales, it won’t be the same offering of rifles due to the new EU directive and how national governments are turning it into law. But I don’t even think Alice wants to go down that rabbit hole.
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 02-03-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    Cease of taking orders is not same as ending production. I verified this and basically it is what I wrote earlier: HK confirmed to European distributors that they will not take more orders for civilian rifles until they clear backlog of professional sales. Yes, this is bad news, but it is not same as going out of EU civilian market forever.
    I can further confirm this! Waimex answered my inquiry with the same explanation, civilian rifle production is ceased for now because they are at capacity with gov/mil contracts until at least middle/end of 2020. Waimex says that a current order of any type/caliber civilian rifle will have about 12 month lead time right now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links