Getting My First AR This Week - The MR556A1!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Getting My First AR This Week - The MR556A1!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Getting My First AR This Week - The MR556A1!

Hi all. I am brand new here to the forums, but definitely not new to HK. I have 6 varieties of USP pistols (2 9mm and 4 .45's) and will be getting my first AR this week with the delivery of my MR556A1.

Just wondering all your thoughts about what's the first thing I should do with it other than drooling over it of course? Met with my local range owner yesterday and he ordered me a modular rail for the boot so I can put a UTC foldable aluminum grip on it.

I also wanted to get an HK polymer magazine (all I saw was the translucent one they make), but the more I look online the more it looks like they are discontinued (via my online search for them). Any reason why? Did HK replace them with a different polymer one I can't find? I would love to know. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by anavrin0901; 02-02-2020 at 05:11 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anavrin0901 View Post
    Hi all. I am brand new here to the forums, but definitely not new to HK. I have 6 varieties of USP pistols (2 9mm and 6 .45's) and will be getting my first AR this week with the delivery of my MR556A1.

Just wondering all your thoughts about what's the first thing I should do with it other than drooling over it of course? Met with my local range owner yesterday and he ordered me a modular rail for the boot so I can put a UTC foldable aluminum grip on it.

I also wanted to get an HK polymer magazine (all I saw was the translucent one they make), but the more I look online the more it looks like they are discontinued (via my online search for them). Any reason why? Did HK replace them with a different polymer one I can't find? I would love to know. Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to the site!!!! There's a wealth of knowledge here, and a lot of good people.

Personally.....SBR it, get an HK416 upper 10.4" , and a good suppressor....then you're just GTG!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks! I agree with you on the SBR. I was thinking that before actually pulling the “trigger” and buying it!
    Brad4065 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the upcoming acquisition!!!

Tony
    anavrin0901 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Find a great gunsmith to do the work you want done to this rifle. Sometimes that takes some searching.
    Consider an HK416A5 style bolt release.
    Get a good sling that will work for you and mounted in a way that is comfortable and most useful to you.
    HK all steel magazines for this rifle are of outstanding quality and reliability, consider adding a few.
    Enjoy the quality of your new rifle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus757 View Post
    Find a great gunsmith to do the work you want done to this rifle. Sometimes that takes some searching.
    Consider an HK416A5 style bolt release.
    Get a good sling that will work for you and mounted in a way that is comfortable and most useful to you.
    HK all steel magazines for this rifle are of outstanding quality and reliability, consider adding a few.
    Enjoy the quality of your new rifle.
    I did order the polymer HK magazine so to start with I will have the HK steel one and that. And yes will probably order another steel one to so I have it.
    Just curious...what sling would you recommend? Sorry for stupid questions. Only been a pistol guy up until now!

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the upcoming acquisition!!!

Tony
    Thank you!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

I did order the polymer HK magazine so to start with I will have the HK steel one and that. And yes will probably order another steel one to so I have it.
    Just curious...what sling would you recommend? Sorry for stupid questions. Only been a pistol guy up until now!

Thank you!
    To @Pegasus757 point, I'd go steel mags all day long. Personally, I've only used the LEO mags....they hold their value/resale on the mere fact that they,

like the MP5 LEO mags simply say LEO on them. Go figure.... Slings....wide variety out there.....it's heavy so go with comfort if you're lugging it up and

down the mountain.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nice you wont regret your purchase.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    To @Pegasus757 point, I'd go steel mags all day long. Personally, I've only used the LEO mags....they hold their value/resale on the mere fact that they,

like the MP5 LEO mags simply say LEO on them. Go figure.... Slings....wide variety out there.....it's heavy so go with comfort if you're lugging it up and

down the mountain.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ha ha. We don't have many mountains in Austin sadly so I think I am safe there. I'll have to test some slings out at my range this weekend when I get it. My fiancee has a Daniel Defense (and is getting a LaRue) so I wonder how heavy the MR556 is compared to the DD. Next too I need a scope! I am told eotech on those.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmen View Post
    Nice you wont regret your purchase.
    I've been hearing that and I'm looking forward to it. I don't stray at all from the HK USP pistol lineup so I'm hoping same is true with my first AR purchase!

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Ha ha. We don't have many mountains in Austin sadly so I think I am safe there. I'll have to test some slings out at my range this weekend when I get it. My fiancee has a Daniel Defense (and is getting a LaRue) so I wonder how heavy the MR556 is compared to the DD. Next too I need a scope! I am told eotech on those.

I've been hearing that and I'm looking forward to it. I don't stray at all from the HK USP pistol lineup so I'm hoping same is true with my first AR purchase!
    i have an MR556 and a DD and can honestly say the HK is a good bit heavier than the DD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links