RE: MR223 imports....... - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: RE: MR223 imports.......

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

So my off-the-cuff answer about the SB tactical buffertube/receiver extension is it has the holes that it does and that is the "ATF approved" setup, meaning if you use the brace on a different buffer tube I assume the ATF can say it's not in its original submitted configuration therefore an SBR has been created. Same way they say braces shouldnt be modified or used with the strap removed.
    Dont shoot the messenger just stating what I came across when researching for myself plus its the friggin ATF they change their minds like the weather here in TX!!
    Brad4065, chuckster62 and illicit like this.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by willgaga View Post
    So I bought one of the black 11” ones and picked it up today. It came with the SB tactical brace. I pulled the brace off and the buffer tube just has a single hole. I would have expected it to have the 3 hole OTB buffer tube (which AU is currently selling on their website).
    My questions:
    1. Can anyone confirm that the MR223a3s ship with the OTB buffer tube?
    2. Does anyone know if the SB brace will fit the commercial OTB buffer tube?
    3. Does the SB tactical buffer tube have a single hole?

If they swapped out the HK buffer tube with the SB tactical one, when I could have used the HK, I am going to be pretty pissed. I am already grouchy that it didn’t come with sights for $6k.

I feel certain that if you ever decided to unload it.....it wouldn't take long for someone to snatch it up.

Congrats on your acquisition!!!!
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I Understand your frustration but when you drop that kind of coin I have to assume you plan on SBRing it anyways? Right?? I mean come on a thing of beauty like that doesn't deserve a brace but I guess while you're waiting on the stamp....I get it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

The one I purchased came with the buffer tube you described. It was not factory. The factory buffer tube would have been ral8000 on mine and it was not.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Kinda sh!tty they didnt send the OTB tube for when or if you guys SBR. Whatcha wanna bet they are going into the parts market for a nice lil mark up?

Hell if they are afraid of sending a "rifle part" with a "pistol" they should send it separately.
    Last edited by MSOGDAWG; 02-20-2020 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSOGDAWG View Post
    Kinda sh!tty they didnt send the OTB tube for when or if you guys SBR. Whatcha wanna bet they are going into the parts market for a nice lil mark up?

Hell if they are afraid of sending a "rifle part" with a "pistol" they should send it separately.
    I am not worried about the buffer tube. Easy to come by and I can see why it wasnt included as it was sold as a pistol. However, they claimed that the sights did not come with the guns. If they choose to sell them separately and that was a lie then I'll be pissed at a $6k purchase price.
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Right. Only hesitation on SBR is engraving my information on it. Need to decide that. But really it is just when you drop that amount a rifle, do I really have to go and buy the buffer tube from AU that they took off my gun (or a similar one) separately? They are already selling all the take off stocks that they came with these (which I accept since i knew it came with a brace and no stock).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

none of them came with sights and AU is selling the tubes and stocks cheaper than other places not to name names. it is all part of the game. They are pretty nice sets ups though

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Right. Only hesitation on SBR is engraving my information on it. Need to decide that. But really it is just when you drop that amount a rifle, do I really have to go and buy the buffer tube from AU that they took off my gun (or a similar one) separately? They are already selling all the take off stocks that they came with these (which I accept since i knew it came with a brace and no stock).
    You could have your info engraved on the barrel, under the handguard. Some folks do it on the MP5/SP5/HK94 type SBRs.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

That’s why you buy two 😉 keep one virgin, SBR the other and play the 922r game.
    illicit likes this.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links