RE: MR223 imports....... - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: RE: MR223 imports.......

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK23E View Post
    I don’t understand the reason, but HK installed commercial buffer tubes on the MR223 A3. I found this out the hard way when I purchased an 416 A5 buffer tube from another seller here on the forums. SB Tactical does not make a brace that will fit on a commercial buffer tube. They only fit mil spec tubes. I am sure this is why the original buffer tubes were replaced with the mil spec tube included with the SB Tactical brace. I think everyone would agree including the factory stock when sold as a pistol could be a problem. Including the factory buffer tube may be Ok. However, the commercial tube is useless without a commercial stock which mandates SBR. One could sell it, but that’s it. If only HK would have used mil spec buffer tubes on these guns, the old stock could have been removed, the SB Tactical brace installed, and the factory FDE buffer tube could have been left in place. Enjoy your gun. I for one am jealous!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this. Finally someone making sense. Thank you for ^^^^^
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    @armsunlimited do you mind sharing what country these were imported through?
    Germany, where all HKs come from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am impartial on this.

AU's description of the pistols describe them as having all OTB features.

I understand the necessity swap them out to make it possible for importation. But going off of the description, its easy to see why someone can interpret that as saying the original is included. Then get upset after they spend 6 grand, feeling like they were nickle dimed and intentionally mislead by the description.

Like how you guys clearly stated there's no warranty, I think this substitution should be clearly stated.

a "100%" factory/correct rifle means much more to HK collectors than most. So the facts should be stated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by armsunlimited View Post
    So you bought an MR223A3 from our site, where a picture of the firearm was posted, and you can clearly see it has a SIG brace with corresponding receiver extension (buffer tube) but you expected the factory commercial spec receiver, which isn't mentioned or pictured and that no SIG brace would fit and which would classify the firearm as a short barrel rifle or even just a rifle making it un-importable?

The MR223A3 are priced with all our costs, such as SIG braces, taken into account, we priced them fairly which is why all the 11" models sold out so fast, there are a couple 14.5" models left and around 20 of the 16" left. All firearms arrived to us without sights, we are working on acquiring the correct sights for these firearms and making them available, perhaps after IWA in Germany we will have some answers on sights.

The factory correct receiver extensions and stocks are available for purchase on our site as mentioned by another member here.

Stay tuned for a few more exclusive releases from us on HK firearms, no frankenguns from us, only GENUINE factory Heckler & Koch
    Complainers gonna complain! I would recommend just ignoring them on SM, but none of my business. I am looking forward to mine arriving in the next day or so. I already purchased the buffer tube and stock (can you say EFile ) and will order sights for it. I can only imagine the amount of effort you went through to get these approved and shipped to the USA, not to mention the out lay of cash. Please keep on doing it and bring in some other "unique" items!!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by armsunlimited View Post
    Germany, where all HKs come from.
    HK didn’t sell guns to HKI, nor did HK configure pistols for HKI. I meant who or what country made this magic possible?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Just to clarify the only missing OTB feature is the buffer tube?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ig720 View Post
    Just to clarify the only missing OTB feature is the buffer tube?
    yes there was no buffer tubes and buttstocks and no sights
    ig720 likes this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

As is, and was, stated in the ad for them -and mentioned above

“The Heckler & Koch MR223A3 stands out due to its excellent reliability - the gas system was developed for military use and is well proven over years. Its short stroke gas system reduces fouling to a minimum. Fully ambidextrous controls, chrome lined barrel and all OTB features.”

That is not true since the receiver extension is not OTB.

Kind of like buying a new car only to find out the factory floor mats are not included - but can be purchased separately for $125.

All I have to say on the subject and moving on from this.
    ig720 likes this.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@armsunlimited wow is all I got. Wont go into details or a rant but I dont know that I will burden you with my patronage.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    HK didn’t sell guns to HKI, nor did HK configure pistols for HKI. I meant who or what country made this magic possible?
    Correct they didn't come from Germany.
    It could all come crashing down too...
    Ever heard of "can't make a rifle a pistol" FYI
    MM

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links