HKPRO Forums banner

My HK MR762 so far

10K views 56 replies 21 participants last post by  ShaoKahn 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought this last year in May. This is all I’ve done!
Added a 417 G28 Adjustable Buttstock and a Atlas BT46-LW17 PSR Bipod. What ya think so far?

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
I'm SO digging the blue lights!!!!! Nice set up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Optics.....go S&B...…….you'll thank me later...I promise.

I've got both, and the S&B is the absolute SH$T!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!! :Biggrin:

#14 ·
That is a good scope but ALOT of scope. If all you do is go from Safe - > Car....Car -> bench at the range and back (or similar) then you likely will not care...and enjoy the extra magnification (though I'd wager you'd rarely use much past 20x). If you do anything else with it; you'll quickly dislike the enlarged footprint. 5-25x56 PMII's are huge. If you've never looked through them, the tunneling from 5-7x (meaning you don't get added field of view below 7x when dropping down in magnification) pisses some people off, but it's not a deal breaker.

If I may, the Ultra Short series is very nice and is often enough scope for most in the 3-20x50mm.

I would also not hesitate to look at Zero Compromise (ZCO) and their 4-20x50mm in the Mpact1 reticle as it's similar to the H2CMR but (in my opinion) a bit easier to read.

The NXS is no competition for a S&B PMII. I'm biased in that ALL Nightforce optics seem to have a dull, muted image to my eye. Mechanically fine scopes but their image and reticle selection put me off. The ATACR (though better than NXS) is supposedly supposed to be at the same level as the Schmidts but I don't see that either.

#15 ·
It looked big on my AXMC .338...

The CSASS uses an Ultra Short 3-20x50mm and it looks just about right for the gun.
The G28 DMR uses the regular 3-20x50mm PMII (different than the Ultra Short) and it still works but is a touch on the big side

Someone had a 5-25x56 on an older MR762 with short rail and the optic spanned from the rear of the receiver to the front of the rail...almost comical

#18 ·
Thank you so much dms for doing all that typing for me! LOL! My first HK MR762 was the LRP V1 and I threw out that Leupold 3-9x40 as soon as I got home. I replaced it with an NF NXS F1 3-15x50. I kept it on there for a few years and upgraded to the SB PMII 3-20x50 (in RAL8000). which is currently on that rifle. I have to admit the SB PMII although superior to anything else I own is amazing and one of my favorite optics, I do enjoy my SB PMII 3-20x50 Ultra short a little more on a gas gun.

Right now my favorite set up is a 16" 308 with a good quality 1-8. I don't own a SB yet, but I do have a NF, Leupold CQBSS and Minox.

As much as I love the SB PMII 5-25x56 I'd rather have the SB PMII 3-20x50 Ultra short. They are way more expensive though.

#19 ·
PS. I pretend to shoot PRS matches (pretend because I suck at it) with both of the above mentioned SBs and I very seldomly go over 12 (maybe 15) power. Anything beyond that is just too much and limits FOV significantly.

#20 ·
Ain't no kidding...ran an entire 2-day, 20 stage match with my mag just on the far side of the "2" in "12"....call it 12.5x... If you ever read/watch "Koshkin" or his channel "Dark Lord of Optics" he always talks about that 12-15x sweet spot for most use; others may say as high as 18x, but nobody ever lives over 20x.

Heck today, I was dumb enough to go out on the frozen tundra and poke at a 10" plate @1/2 mile and I had to dial the magnification down below 8x just to relieve the mirage.

#21 ·
M110 - Leupold 3.5-10
M110A1 Sig (why?) 1-6
M40A5 SB 3-12
etc.

I know some of the newer sniper rifles are getting higher power optics, but for a long while it has been low mag power on the top end. However a 5-25 on a 16" 308....?

#23 ·
It appears we are in the same state (Columbus for me), and progressing towards the same MR762 result. I'm currently saving the last bit of money for S&B PMII Ultra Short 5-20, but the 3-20 has more room for mounting. I think! Then the reticle options will surely confuse me until that is determined.

For the mount I've been steered towards SPUHR; bolt or quick mount is undecided with my limited experience.

#29 ·
They make a 3-20x50 Ultra Short with the H2CMR like you mentioned above (with CCW turrets).

While there were a few 5-20 US's without the illumination "wart" to complicate mounting...they aren't common; the 3-20x50 US does not require specific mount dimensions (hence the special Spuhr mount with a 2-screw rear rings)

I'm a fan of the MSR/MSR2 as it was made for a wide magnification range; I like dot center of the MSR2.

While S&B's are good optics, the consensus is ZCO, Tangent Theta and Hensoldt have finally eclipsed the "gold standard" at least in the 25+ x56 optic category.
There's a Kahles 3-18x50 (actually 3.5-18) that is very nice that I would put just behind S&B.

#30 ·
I have a S&B 3-20 US with a T3 reticle using a Era-Tac mount on my MR762. It is a perfect combination IMO. There other great options out there though like dms16 mentioned (TT, ZCO, and Hensoldt), but I was putting together a G28 build, and S&B was the only consideration. Anything else would have been wrong. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.