X-15 Drum Magazine

Thread: X-15 Drum Magazine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default X-15 Drum Magazine

I have searched and found nothing and when asking the manufacturers they were less than helpful:

"Good Afternoon

I've just spoken with the guys, and the 416 mags run off the same platform as an AR15 mag. You should be able to use any AR mag with no problem.
    Hope this helps

Have a great day"

So my questions is: Will the x-15 drum magazine made by xproducts work in a 416 receiver with 416 mag release?

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)

Not quite accurate. For best results in a 416, the magazine should have the "Emag" or "Export Magazine" profile. Emags tend to work in just about everything AR15, while guns that take Emags can be a bit finicky.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Actually looking at pictures of X-15 drum I do not think it will work with HK416 pre-A5 receivers or MR556A1 receivers. Drum "tower" is too short. Maybe it can be made to fit by shaving some material of front-bottom part of tower to make it work, but maybe not. Someone must actually test it, but why bother if Magpul D-mag works with every HK416 and MR series rifles, has bigger capacity and is cheaper?
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    Actually looking at pictures of X-15 drum I do not think it will work with HK416 pre-A5 receivers or MR556A1 receivers. Drum "tower" is too short. Maybe it can be made to fit by shaving some material of front-bottom part of tower to make it work, but maybe not. Someone must actually test it, but why bother if Magpul D-mag works with every HK416 and MR series rifles, has bigger capacity and is cheaper?
    I was going to say, if the OP wants a drum mag he should use the Magpul D-60. I have one and it’s certified to work with the 556/416 and does.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Sponsored Links