MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by p7m8'0s View Post
    Would love to see a pic of it installed!
    I'll post a picture when I get home later today.

As a side note: I struggled tremendously to get the gas block pins fully installed. I was able to get them in about 80% of the way, enough to allow my Geissele handguard to be installed. I took it to my LGS and the owner discovered that the holes for the pin did not appear to be drilled through one side and out the other. It looked as if they attempted to drill the holes from each end and left some burring in the middle that would kick the pin upwards and prevent it from fully clearing through. We ended up just boring it out very slightly to remove the burring and all is well now. This could just be a one off issue but if anyone else struggles to install the pins I suggest inspecting the gas block in detail for any burring in the pin holes. Other than that the gas block functions perfectly!
    Hk 416 | Hk MP5SD(Build in Progress) | Hk SP5 | Hk VP9

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Here are the pictures of the AGB installed.

MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416-mfqhldp.jpg MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416-m1nsdl5.jpg MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416-ecf4000.jpg
    dc4int01 and aksog like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gotta love that German engineering, thanks for the pics and the tips about the pins!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psifer View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mfqhldp.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	260904 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m1nsdL5.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	260906 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ecf4000.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	466.9 KB 
ID:	260908
    Thanks for the pictures. Is the front of your gas adjustment lever actually left uncoated (bare metal), like in the photo below?

MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416-burk-gasabnahme-11inch.jpg

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr223a1 View Post

Name:	Mfqhldp.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	260904 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m1nsdL5.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	260906 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ecf4000.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	466.9 KB 
ID:	260908
    Thanks for the pictures. Is the front of your gas adjustment lever actually left uncoated (bare metal), like in the photo below?

Name:	Burk-Gasabnahme-11Inch.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	261072
    All Burke 11” agb’s have that bare metal where the regulator switch has to be cut back to accommodate a suppressor on a 10.4” or 11” barrel.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    All Burke 11” agb’s have that bare metal where the regulator switch has to be cut back to accommodate a suppressor on a 10.4” or 11” barrel.
    That does not appear to be the case for my gas block. Not sure why VikingTactics picture shows a bare metal version but I did purchase my AGB from them.

MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416-vbrrnpc.jpg
    mr223a1 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    That does not appear to be the case for my gas block. Not sure why VikingTactics picture shows a bare metal version but I did purchase my AGB from them.

Name:	vBrrnPC.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	336.2 KB 
ID:	261078
    Maybe they or he are now blueing or somehow oxidizing them.

Or maybe I’m an idiot, I looked at mine last night and they are indeed oxidized on the end tips, black like yours. I need to finish my bloody projects and get my stuff out of storage.
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 05-26-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll post a picture when I get home later today.

As a side note: I struggled tremendously to get the gas block pins fully installed. I was able to get them in about 80% of the way, enough to allow my Geissele handguard to be installed. I took it to my LGS and the owner discovered that the holes for the pin did not appear to be drilled through one side and out the other. It looked as if they attempted to drill the holes from each end and left some burring in the middle that would kick the pin upwards and prevent it from fully clearing through. We ended up just boring it out very slightly to remove the burring and all is well now. This could just be a one off issue but if anyone else struggles to install the pins I suggest inspecting the gas block in detail for any burring in the pin holes. Other than that the gas block functions perfectly!
    That's so odd, the pins for mine went in pretty easy compared to the pins in my other factory MR556 upper. For install I gave it just a gentle touch of lube inside the channel and they went in like most other gas block pins I've done.

MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416-416-barrel-agb.jpg
    MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416-416-agb-close-up.jpg
    MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416-416-clone-edit.jpg

I got to shoot mine today and I'm loving N+ being what I am use to for a non-adjustable closed gas block on a 10.4". Casings ejecting at 2-2:30. N was damn near perfect and felt like a well tuned DI rifle with casings ejecting a little past 3 - 3:15. With a suppressor the SD setting was awesome and everything functioned perfectly and continued to eject at 3:30 consistently. I only put 50 rounds through it because ammo is ridiculous now and I'm trying to conserve what I have left but overall super happy with this gas block. I will say, once you start getting the gas block warm and some carbon gets on the dial, it's a bit tricky to "feel" the detent click. I needed to work it back and forth a few times to clear the carbon and it was tactile once again. Not a huge deal, but something to note.
    p7m8'0s and mr223a1 like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edho2002 View Post
    That's so odd, the pins for mine went in pretty easy compared to the pins in my other factory MR556 upper. For install I gave it just a gentle touch of lube inside the channel and they went in like most other gas block pins I've done.

Name:	416 Barrel AGB.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	261660

Name:	416 AGB close up.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	943.5 KB 
ID:	261670

Name:	416 clone edit.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	4.16 MB 
ID:	261662

I got to shoot mine today and I'm loving N+ being what I am use to for a non-adjustable closed gas block on a 10.4". Casings ejecting at 2-2:30. N was damn near perfect and felt like a well tuned DI rifle with casings ejecting a little past 3 - 3:15. With a suppressor the SD setting was awesome and everything functioned perfectly and continued to eject at 3:30 consistently. I only put 50 rounds through it because ammo is ridiculous now and I'm trying to conserve what I have left but overall super happy with this gas block. I will say, once you start getting the gas block warm and some carbon gets on the dial, it's a bit tricky to "feel" the detent click. I needed to work it back and forth a few times to clear the carbon and it was tactile once again. Not a huge deal, but something to note.
    Thanks for the write-up. I'm waiting for nefariousarms HK417 reaction rod to install my MR308 AGB and flashhidder. On another note, I see that you use Arisaka Indexer. Would you care to comment whether it is just mounted via the screws, with no part of it to protrude inside the G rail to create a point of contact, or are there some protrusions to go inside the rail, like in the rail sections that come together with Geissele rail?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr223a1 View Post
    Thanks for the write-up. I'm waiting for nefariousarms HK417 reaction rod to install my MR308 AGB and flashhidder. On another note, I see that you use Arisaka Indexer. Would you care to comment whether it is just mounted via the screws, with no part of it to protrude inside the G rail to create a point of contact, or are there some protrusions to go inside the rail, like in the rail sections that come together with Geissele rail?
    It's just the screws and nothing protrudes into the rail. It's pretty solid lockup.

MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416-arisaka-index.jpg
    MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416-arisaka-index-2.jpg
    mr223a1 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links