Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Post MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416

Hello,

I am nearing the end of sourcing all parts to finish my first HK416 build. I came across a Waffen Burk AGB on RKUSA that says it works for the MR223 and HK416. Upon further investigation, I saw that the AGB listed on RKUSA is identical to the MR223 11" AGB on vikingtactics.de and not the 16" AGB version. I have a non-vented HK416 10.4" upper with an AE date code so as far as I understand I have a 1.4mm gas port in my barrel. According to RKUSA, there is no modification done to the barrel in order for the AGB to work on my 416 upper. Has anyone tried this AGB in their 416 upper? As far as I understand the MR556 shares the same 1.4mm gas port size but does the MR223 11" barrel have the same size as well? I have exhausted my resources before making the attempt to post here. I am debating on whether I should buy the vented gas block, enlarge the gas port on my barrel to 1.6mm, and shave off the sling loops so I can use my geissele rail or should I just spend the extra money on the Waffen Burk AGB where modification is supposedly not required to the gas ports and no sling loops. I haven't been able to find any info on the Burk MR223 gas block but I have seen some praise for their MR308 AGB. I've read numerous threads debating whether or not an AGB is actually necessary and I am not here to continue that debate. Thank you very much for your time and help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the Waffen Burk gas block for 11" barrels and I am waiting for my 11" barrel now. The only difference between the 16" and the 11" gas block is the length of the lever for the switch. The version for the 16" barrels have a switch that is longer and protrudes further forward and if you put it on an 11" barrel you won't have clearance for a suppressor. I am not sure if the MR223 11" barrel has the same size gas port as the 10.4" 416, but the barrel I requested from Nefarious Arms should be 1.6mm. The reason for this larger port size is to utilize the full range of the Waffen Burk adjustment range. So as you might have seen, the range is N+, N, SD, 1, 2. N is for normal unsuppressed use. They have an N+ setting for overgas beyond "normal" for adverse conditions. If I remember correctly from when I was modding my MPX gas block, if my gas port is too small there is no way to leverage the highest settings, and so I am applying that logic here. Im also not worried about overgassing for suppressed because there is a 1 and 2 setting for reducing gas even lower than SD (their suppressed setting). Hopefully this helps you.

Im waiting for my barrel still. Once I have that I can put it all together and test it out at the range.
    Last edited by edho2002; 03-29-2020 at 08:50 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thank you very much for the information, it has been very helpful. I have put an in order in for the 11" Burk AGB gas block with Viking Tactics in Germany. It appears they have a much cheaper price on the AGB than RKUSA and they have some 3rd gen polymer mags that I was able to add to my order. I contacted them and they said they will ship to the U.S. so now I'll just have to wait for my order to arrive. I am expecting the need to widen my gas port to 1.6mm but I will first give it a try without modifying my barrel and report back with results. I'm still curious as to what the MR223 gas port size is if anybody happens to know. I appreciate the help!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Viking Tactical in Germany is exactly where I got mine too :-) They ship pretty fast and the customs wait was actually quicker than I was expecting. Overall, the machining quality of the block is fantastic, the markings are clean, and the selector lever is clean and tactile. I am so antsy to get this thing on a barrel. They said any day now.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That's refreshing to hear, I'm always a bit hesitant with international orders and dealing with customs. Thank you very much for all of your help. I am looking forward to receiving the AGB.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Update: I received an email response from Michael over at Waffen Burk. This was after I asked him if my non-vented 1.4mm gas port needed to be enlarged to the vented 1.6mm gas port setting on my HK 416 10.4" barrel.

"My AGS for 11” barrel fits on your HK416. You don´t need to enlarge the gas port on the barrel. There are different positions for the use with or without silencer. There is also one position with completely closes outlet opening. So it will also work with weakly loaded ammunition (but not with sub sonic)."

I figured to post this information on the site in case anyone else gets in the same predicament as myself. The order I placed from Viking Tactics was shipped with haste and I am now currently awaiting for it to make it to the U.S.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psifer View Post
    There is also one position with completely closes outlet opening. So it will also work with weakly loaded ammunition (but not with sub sonic).
    As I understand it, Mr. Burk was referring to the position "N+", which is intended for use with weak ammo or if gun is under-gassed in "N" (Normal) position, which, in turn, is intended for use without suppressor. Since suppressor over-gasses the rifle by default, I would therefore assume, that the AGB should work with subsonic ammo in "SD" position.

I'll see for myself as soon as I install the whole setup ...

MR223 11" Waffen Burk AGB for HK416-dsc_8445.jpg

... which I unfortunately cannot do correctly without the reaction rod
    Last edited by mr223a1; 04-08-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any updates?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonator View Post
    Any updates?
    Yes sorry, I just took it out this past Saturday to the range. I did not enlarge the gas port size 1.6mm and instead kept the original 1.4mm size. The AGB fit perfectly, however the roll pins were quite a pain in the ass to install. I have the 416 buffer spring and the gun did not cycle on the N setting but it worked perfectly in the N+ setting. I'm assuming that enlarging the gas port to 1.6mm would allow the use of the full range of the AGB where it would cycle under the N setting like others have said. All of my suppressors are currently in NFA jail so I can not provide any updates on how the gun functions on any other setting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would love to see a pic of it installed!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links