REM Defense 416 Handguards
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: REM Defense 416 Handguards

  1. #1
    HKPRO Professional
    mildot's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2006
    Location : Queen City
    Posts : 267
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default REM Defense 416 Handguards

    So these are back on my radar, having said that, I'm looking for some updated end user experience with these. It looks like EuroOptic is the " sole source". How is the fit? I've read about the "wobble" and issues tightening down the cross bolt? are they still a problem? I'm thinking on both the 10.5" & 14.5"? Do these require the sling loops on the gas block to be milled off? or will they fit like the standard HK handguard? Thanks troops and stay safe.
    Last edited by mildot; 04-04-2020 at 12:09 AM.
    Certified Glock, SIG, S&W Armourer
    Colt, REM Armourer
    Hidden Content
    Jack Reacher "I mean to beat you to death and drink your blood from a boot!"

  2. #2
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    TheChunkNorris's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2012
    Location : Miami
    Posts : 2,546
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default REM Defense 416 Handguards

    Mine fits pretty well, no issues to report.

    Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 04-04-2020 at 07:10 AM.
    D9M9TR9S likes this.

  3. #3
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Brad4065's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : That black SUV in your driveway
    Posts : 3,990
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    So these are back on my radar, having said that, I'm looking for some updated end user experience with these. It looks like EuroOptic is the " sole source". How is the fit? I've read about the "wobble" and issues tightening down the cross bolt? are they still a problem? I'm thinking on both the 10.5" & 14.5"? Do these require the sling loops on the gas block to be milled off? or will they fit like the standard HK handguard? Thanks troops and stay safe.
    I've got three on 416's and they all fit snug. However, you'll have to cut off the sling loops in order for them to fit. No big deal....Dremel and done in 30 seconds.

    Cheers and stay safe!!!!!!!!
    LCSO264 likes this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    HKPRO Professional
    mildot's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2006
    Location : Queen City
    Posts : 267
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Well I guess I'll "go all in" and order the Tan 10.5", although I'm not thrilled at cutting the sling loops off, I'll get over it, LOL. Thanks troops.

  6. #5
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Nzfly's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Posts : 2,103
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

    Default

    U can always get another gas block if you want to keep the loop option available.

  7. #6
    HKPRO Professional
    mildot's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2006
    Location : Queen City
    Posts : 267
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    U can always get another gas block if you want to keep the loop option available.
    Good advice, but in hindsight I never really use the loops anyway. Cheers

  8. #7
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Nzfly's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Posts : 2,103
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah they really are pointless

  9. #8
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Brad4065's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : That black SUV in your driveway
    Posts : 3,990
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Good advice, but in hindsight I never really use the loops anyway. Cheers
    Yeah....I've got those too. Sitting in a drawer collecting dust. So if you need them, just let me know.

  10. #9
    HKPRO Professional
    mildot's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2006
    Location : Queen City
    Posts : 267
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Yeah....I've got those too. Sitting in a drawer collecting dust. So if you need them, just let me know.
    Thanks, any "advice" on the install? or things to be aware of? I know it's a handguard (don't overthink it), however reading some of the folks that stripped out the handguard screw etc, I want to "go in with both eyes open", was there any difference in the quality/manufacturer of the 10.5" or 14.5" lengths? I'm hoping the current stock at EuroOptic is "new" product?
    Did anyone torque the handguard screw? if so what value?
    I read that some handguards had an aluminium block in them for the screw? was that a later design correction @ the factory?
    Last edited by mildot; 04-08-2020 at 08:59 PM.

  11. #10
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Brad4065's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : That black SUV in your driveway
    Posts : 3,990
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Thanks, any "advice" on the install? or things to be aware of? I know it's a handguard (don't overthink it), however reading some of the folks that stripped out the handguard screw etc, I want to "go in with both eyes open", was there any difference in the quality/manufacturer of the 10.5" or 14.5" lengths? I'm hoping the current stock at EuroOptic is "new" product?
    Did anyone torque the handguard screw? if so what value?
    I read that some handguards had an aluminium block in them for the screw? was that a later design correction @ the factory?
    Essentially, cut the sling loops with a Dremel, remove the knuckle buster HK rail, install RAHG rail.....you're done.

    All in all....you're looking at a whopping 15 minutes worth of work...….that's been my experience.

    Cheers!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •