HK 416 upper receiver question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: HK 416 upper receiver question

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Default HK 416 upper receiver question

Somehow I managed to overlook the fact that the upper receiver that I purchased from Brownells has a 6mm barrel index notch. This has already been cerakoted and laser engraved. This barrel was the tightest that I have ever installed and I imagine removing it would be a chore. If I center the barrel in the receiver and torque it down will it be ok?
    Last edited by hkpsp; 04-13-2020 at 05:19 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The upper is not defective. There’s lots of 416A4 uppers out there that had the larger barrel extension index location. If you can get it torqued down without it rotating, then it will be fine and I doubt it would move after being torqued down. Best bet is to make a small indexing plate out of steel or aluminum so you can keep the index pin centered while torquing. You can make one with a piece of steel or aluminum and a dremel fairly quickly.

Last edited by UMP45 ENTRY; 04-05-2020 at 01:45 AM.
    dc4int01 likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That’s frustrating, I personally would feel uneasy about that large gap, for the index pin. What barrel are using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

That is a shame. If it happens to rotate to one side or the other, do the bolt lugs still line up in the barrel extension? I would make something to fill that gap with to keep the barrel center before torquing down.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Brownells sells two different index pin sizes, you just need the larger of the two.

https://youtu.be/sp7tcz40JhY

Skip to 6:28 to get right to the explanation.

Edit: Brownells at least sold them at some point, not sure if currently still do.

Edit 2: It appears that Brownells supplies both size pins when your purchase their HK416 barrel. I recommend contacting them to see if you are able to purchase one from them.
    Last edited by Psifer; 04-05-2020 at 01:55 AM.
    Hk 416 | Hk MP5SD(Build in Progress) | Hk SP5 | Hk VP9

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Thank you for the replies everyone. Brownells is an excellent company to deal with, I'll contact them on Monday.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The last time I checked, brownells does not sell the alignment tabs from their PWS barrels separately. These wouldn’t work for you anyways unless you grind off or remove your current alignment pin on the barrel extension for it to engage the opening on the extension.
    Blacktoy likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkpsp View Post
    Thank you for the replies everyone. Brownells is an excellent company to deal with, I'll contact them on Monday.
    I'm in the same boat with a barrel I got from nefarious arms. I've had the barrel for months, and I'm still waiting for Marvin to make the wider index pin. I supplied the receiver so he could take measurements, if you bought a barrel from @nefariousarms I would like to think that those pins are imminent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkpsp View Post
    Somehow I managed to overlook the fact that the upper receiver that I purchased from Brownells is defective.
    Brownells is selling two types of "stripped" hk416 uppers. One by HK and the other by limex. Would you mind sharing which kind you bought that are of the A4 type?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

These are the correct barrel extensions for the A4 upper receivers that brownells has. Unfortunately, they aren’t available in Europe any longer. You can literally solve this problem in 10-15 minutes with a dremel and micrometer to make an alignment plate.

dc4int01 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links