What’s this Proof Mark
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AGG

Thread: What’s this Proof Mark

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default What’s this Proof Mark

I just saw a picture of an M27IAR upper in one of Nefarious Arms threads. The upper is marked with a “P” in a square where the usual Eagle over N or CIP proof mark is.
    -e9b9d201-36af-4d9a-85bd-7ca743fc20dc.jpg
    In doing a little research, I found the “P” in square proof marks were used in the past to show a rebuild of a military weapon.
    -2de27354-484d-4f19-a591-fa6606c0bd1d.jpeg
    Anyone know if this is a genuine proof mark or just something the assembler used on these uppers for his or her own purposes?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

That proof is in the newer MR556/MR762 rifles, not sure what it signifies.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illicit View Post
    That proof is in the newer MR556/MR762 rifles, not sure what it signifies.
    I find that interesting because it would seem to violate the CIP rules used throughout Europe. I also notice the lack of a proof house stamp, which for the HK416 has always been the antler signifying Ulm. The BF would indicate a 2015 date. I’m guessing then that these newer uppers are not coming out of Germany.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

The "P" inside the "bell" is the proof mark for proofing conducted in the U.S.--- the "bell" is the Capitol Dome of the New Hampshire State House--- I cannot remember the "P" inside the "square" being answered, but most likely a U.S. proof mark!!!

Tony
    CGuns1 likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    The "P" inside the "bell" is the proof mark for proofing conducted in the U.S.--- the "bell" is the Capitol Dome of the New Hampshire State House--- I cannot remember the "P" inside the "square" being answered, but most likely a U.S. proof mark!!!

Tony
    Georgia state house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surefire44 View Post
    I find that interesting because it would seem to violate the CIP rules used throughout Europe. I also notice the lack of a proof house stamp, which for the HK416 has always been the antler signifying Ulm. The BF would indicate a 2015 date. I’m guessing then that these newer uppers are not coming out of Germany.
    The image in your first post is a MR556 upper. The MR556 uppers do not have the CIP and antler markings on the upper receiver itself.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Illicit—I don’t doubt what you’re saying. The proof mark is seen on what appears to be am M27IAR marked clone. I can only assume the USMC serial number was put there by the person assembling the clone. I was really trying to find out if this was what the marines are now receiving:
    -0a1280da-45e2-46eb-9f58-5b78f7b3beef.jpg

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surefire44 View Post
    Illicit—I don’t doubt what you’re saying. The proof mark is seen on what appears to be am M27IAR marked clone. I can only assume the USMC serial number was put there by the person assembling the clone. I was really trying to find out if this was what the marines are now receiving:
    I see what you are asking now. I'm not sure if the markings have changed for actual M27s.

Sponsored Links