This is interesting RE: the M110A1 scope

Thread: This is interesting RE: the M110A1 scope

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Default This is interesting RE: the M110A1 scope

just saw this:
    Leupold?s Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44 Riflescope Chosen for Army?s M110 Rifle - Soldier Systems Daily

so the Sig scope (uggg) for the DMR version, and the Leupold scope for the CSASS.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

OK...hold up.

From what I can tell is that this is for existing M110 SASS(KAC 20") guns still in service...not necessarily for the M110A1 CSASS. To be fair, the 3.5-10x was one of the weaknesses of the M110 system (others include the stock, suppressor...and potentially the trigger). The HK's are obviously still arriving in the DMR form with the 1-6 Tango Sig scopes. Not sure what the contract CSASS with higher magnification optic will show up with the S&B or what. It's the government/big Army...stuff rolls and changes. I wouldn't fret over it or break my neck to slap this on an HK clone job any time soon.

Currently Horus is fighting the Army regarding the reticle in that Mk5 Leupy. A very humorous thread on the hide about it.

TFB (which isn't really as on the ball as SSD most of the time) noted this:

"Note that the M110 rifle should not be confused with the M110A1 made by Heckler & Koch, which uses the SIG Sauer Tango6 1-6×24 scope. In case you missed it, H&K just did the first deliveries of the M110A1 Squad Designated Marksman Rifle."
    Last edited by dms16; 04-15-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone used the Sig optic personally? Are they decent?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chunkyhenry View Post
    Anyone used the Sig optic personally? Are they decent?
    In respect to the Tango's (the 6ts are supposed to be a little better), It's very middle-of-the-road...price, image, capability. The best way I can describe it is that it feels "old"...like it belongs 8 years ago among the 1-4x Short Dot and the 1-8 CQBSS. Not that there's anything wrong with that as those are both phenomenal scopes and still capable today but they feel bulky for what they are and lack cutting-edge features.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Too add on to what dms16 said. The SDMR variant of the M110A1 is rocking the sig 1-6. The CSASS variant which has a different buttstock have been seen to be rocking S&B 3-20 ultra shorts.

Also want add, from all photos I've seen (at least field testing photos) the m110a1s seems to have a mr762 bolt carrier in it. You see the "MR" logo on the bolt carrier.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have the Sig Tang06 on my M110A1 clone and love it. Great scope, nice glass. No issues with it.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    OK...hold up.

From what I can tell is that this is for existing M110 SASS(KAC 20") guns still in service...not necessarily for the M110A1 CSASS. To be fair, the 3.5-10x was one of the weaknesses of the M110 system (others include the stock, suppressor...and potentially the trigger). The HK's are obviously still arriving in the DMR form with the 1-6 Tango Sig scopes. Not sure what the contract CSASS with higher magnification optic will show up with the S&B or what. It's the government/big Army...stuff rolls and changes. I wouldn't fret over it or break my neck to slap this on an HK clone job any time soon.

Currently Horus is fighting the Army regarding the reticle in that Mk5 Leupy. A very humorous thread on the hide about it.

TFB (which isn't really as on the ball as SSD most of the time) noted this:

"Note that the M110 rifle should not be confused with the M110A1 made by Heckler & Koch, which uses the SIG Sauer Tango6 1-6×24 scope. In case you missed it, H&K just did the first deliveries of the M110A1 Squad Designated Marksman Rifle."
    I just re-read the SSD post. I miss read the SASS reference, and thought it was referring to the CSASS. My bad. Sorry guys.....

and, as you noted, I take everything from TFB with a grain...….

Sponsored Links