416A5 11” Barrel Gas Port & Gas Block Vent Sizes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 416A5 11” Barrel Gas Port & Gas Block Vent Sizes

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I just installed my Waffen Burk MR223 11" AGB on my 10.4" upper today. I haven't shot it yet but the roll pins supplied were indeed longer. I froze them and still could not get them fully in, going to have to press them in the rest of the way.
    Hk 416 | Hk MP5SD(Build in Progress) | Hk SP5 | Hk VP9

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psifer View Post
    I just installed my Waffen Burk MR223 11" AGB on my 10.4" upper today. I haven't shot it yet but the roll pins supplied were indeed longer. I froze them and still could not get them fully in, going to have to press them in the rest of the way.
    I have yet to install my Waffen Burk MR308 AGB. What do you mean by saying that you froze the Burk pins?

EDIT: Did you mean that you've literally frozen the pins to achieve metal contraction?
    Last edited by mr223a1; 04-27-2020 at 01:51 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr223a1 View Post
    I have yet to install my Waffen Burk MR308 AGB. What do you mean by saying that you froze the Burk pins?

EDIT: Did you mean that you've literally frozen the pins to achieve metal contraction?
    Yeap, that is exactly it. I kept them in the freezer for a few hours, pulled them out and immediately tried to install them. I got pretty close but feared blowing out the pins if I tried to punch them any harder.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I remember from the waffen burke gas block thread, a 1.6mm gas port would make full use of the range of adjustments on the gas block. Tho burke himself said it wasn't necessary?
    Last edited by zinny; 04-27-2020 at 02:11 AM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Oil, hammer, roll pin starter, and roll pin punch did not work to install them? Sounds like my experience with with roll pins for the safety selectors.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkpsp View Post
    Oil, hammer, roll pin starter, and roll pin punch did not work to install them? Sounds like my experience with with roll pins for the safety selectors.
    Lol, so it wasn’t just me!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

They are about $6 each and I used nearly ten of them on my first selector set. The still bend and bind and I have yet to understand why.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The selector roll pins were the absolute worst. I could only ever get them about 80% of the way until they started blowing out or bending on me. I gave up and just cut the excess off with a pair of dikes.

@zinny I emailed Mr. Burk and asked if my AF datecoded barrel required enlarging the gas port to 1.6mm and he said it was not necessary. All my silencers are in NFA jail so I won't be able to test all the settings for awhile.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psifer View Post
    Yeap, that is exactly it. I kept them in the freezer for a few hours, pulled them out and immediately tried to install them. I got pretty close but feared blowing out the pins if I tried to punch them any harder.
    Damn! Now I understand why Viking Tactics advised re-using the original HK roll pins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links