416 Barrel Question - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 416 Barrel Question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacL View Post
    That depends. Do you plan on shooting suppressed? If not, I'd leave it unless you're comfortable with DIY or know someone else who would do it for free.
    Yes eventually when I move to a free state in a few months then wait the 6+ months for the stamp to buy one. I can get it fixed then I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Surefire includes the beveled spacer in their shim pack to ensure the muzzle device properly squares up with the shoulder of the barrel. This is particularly important if you intend on shooting suppressed. Concentricity issues can be compounded by the fact that not all shims are created equally. I could understand substituting if they were missing or previously mounted but "we have plenty of shims in the back" is up there with some of the dumbest things I've ever heard. That's a huge red flag.

Surefire SOCOM Suppressor Adapter Installation Instructions

I had an early AF date code upper several years ago. I just can't find the pictures on my phone. I have them saved to a hard drive but everything's packed away right now. Here's an upper Eric Prevatte (Black_Rifle) had listed a few years ago. My guess is HK used that profile initially because it shared the same CNC code as the 14.5 profile. Probably reduced retooling downtime and complexity but that's just a guess on my part. Curious to hear what HK says.

Cant seem to find that member in search but do you know for sure his barrel wasn't cut down?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flynavy111 View Post
    Cant seem to find that member in search but do you know for sure his barrel wasn't cut down?
    No idea. He might go by a different username here.

Was this one of OCEquestrian's uppers? Why don't you ask him?
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No idea. He might go by a different username here.

Was this one of OCEquestrian's uppers? Why don't you ask him?
    Yes it was and he doesnt know - he says they're all like this.
    OCEquestrian likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Police armorers do weird things. I have a modified piston rod assembly from a Cali Police Dept. I don’t use it. Don’t know why they needed to modify it. But oh well...
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 06-01-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flynavy111 View Post
    Yes it was and he doesnt know - he says they're all like this.
    From the pics I've seen, these are 10.4" uppers....and yes I've got a few AF 10.4" uppers.

In short, it makes zero sense to cut down a 14.5" to 10.4", remove the 14.5" GB, purchase a 10.4" GB,
    and replace. You're GTG.

Oh....and yes....I've got AF 14.5" uppers too.
    Zhivoder and OCEquestrian like this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    From the pics I've seen, these are 10.4" uppers....and yes I've got a few AF 10.4" uppers.

In short, it makes zero sense to cut down a 14.5" to 10.4", remove the 14.5" GB, purchase a 10.4" GB,
    and replace. You're GTG.

Oh....and yes....I've got AF 14.5" uppers too.
    I contacted HK customer service concerned about the possibility I had unknowingly misrepresented these uppers. I asked HK for any information on these guns, specifically what length barrels they were shipped with... and I got this response this morning via email;

Stephen,

Sorry but we do not have any information on those SN’s in our system. They are probably old serial numbers that date back too far for our system and/or they were never brought in through our Columbus location. Either way I got nothing on our logs with those SN’s, sorry.

Again, these uppers are exactly as used by a LE SWAT team and turned into a HK dealer as trade in credit for new model uppers. There was no disclosure to the FFL by the LE agency that the uppers had any modifications other than the ground off sling eyehooks.
    IsaacL and Zhivoder like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
    I contacted HK customer service concerned about the possibility I had unknowingly misrepresented these uppers. I asked HK for any information on these guns, specifically what length barrels they were shipped with... and I got this response this morning via email;

Stephen,

Sorry but we do not have any information on those SN’s in our system. They are probably old serial numbers that date back too far for our system and/or they were never brought in through our Columbus location. Either way I got nothing on our logs with those SN’s, sorry.

Again, these uppers are exactly as used by a LE SWAT team and turned into a HK dealer as trade in credit for new model uppers. There was no disclosure to the FFL by the LE agency that the uppers had any modifications other than the ground off sling eyehooks.
    Yeah....again....I'm 98% that you're good to go.

Again, I've got AF date coded uppers that are 10.4" and 14.5"......and it would make zero sense to cut down a 14.5"....zero.

Cheers!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Yeah....again....I'm 98% that you're good to go.

Again, I've got AF date coded uppers that are 10.4" and 14.5"......and it would make zero sense to cut down a 14.5"....zero.

Cheers!!!!
    Thanks Brad - appreciate the info. So you've seen straight profile 10.4" uppers before and not notched in front of the GB?
    What would explain the "bare metal" threads under the flash hider? Age or would it just be like that?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Does anyone happen to know if NA's 14.5 barrel can be used with a 10" VGB?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links