Are the piston rod assembly & piston identical on the MR556 and MR762?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CaptRex
  • 1 Post By Euro-Guns

Thread: Are the piston rod assembly & piston identical on the MR556 and MR762?

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Are the piston rod assembly & piston identical on the MR556 and MR762?

For the life of me, I can't see a difference. And they appear to fit as well...I've swapped one from a MR556 to a MR762, and vice versa. Are the part numbers the same? HK Parts lists the MR556 piston rod assembly, but doesn't list one for the MR762. Thanks in advance.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The piston rod are identical for the MR556,MR762,HK416,HK417, The piston is the same and is also same for G36 (except K,C have a shorter piston).

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRex View Post
    The piston rod are identical for the MR556,MR762,HK416,HK417, The piston is the same and is also same for G36 (except K,C have a shorter piston).
    Thank you!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thats a negative on the G36 versus HK416/417/MR223/MR308, the gas piston is indeed identical (the HK416PDW uses the same gas piston as the G36C/G36K, and the regular HK416 uses the same as the regular G36), but the piston rod for the G36 is definitely not the same as that for the HK416/417, the former is a fair bit thinner than the latter.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Euro-Guns View Post
    Thats a negative on the G36 versus HK416/417/MR223/MR308, the gas piston is indeed identical (the HK416PDW uses the same gas piston as the G36C/G36K, and the regular HK416 uses the same as the regular G36), but the piston rod for the G36 is definitely not the same as that for the HK416/417, the former is a fair bit thinner than the latter.
    Agree with your statement that “piston rod assembly” is not the same between G36 and HK/MR platforms.
    OP asked about MR556 vs MR762 “piston rod assembly” which is the same; and “piston” which is also the same. I added the piston is also same as the G36 piston except for K/C.
    lakelandman likes this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRex View Post
    Agree with your statement that “piston rod assembly” is not the same between G36 and HK/MR platforms.
    OP asked about MR556 vs MR762 “piston rod assembly” which is the same; and “piston” which is also the same. I added the piston is also same as the G36 piston except for K/C.
    Ah, my apologies, I read it the wrong way!
    CaptRex likes this.

Sponsored Links