Can someone explain why the MR556 and MR762 are special? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Can someone explain why the MR556 and MR762 are special?

  1. #11
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 3,045
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    I’m a HUGE fan of HK pistols and carry one every day. That being said, what is so special about the MR556 and MR762? All I see are a couple AR clones with piston uppers. What am I missing?
    Everything has its place, read this article. It will tell you what it’s all about.

    https://www.arbuildjunkie.com/chuck-pressburg-hk-416/
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

  2. #12
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 3,045
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwissCollector View Post
    HK fanbois be like:

    Attachment 265494
    “She’s a witch, she’s a witch! Burn her, Burn her!”

  3. #13
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 3,045
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boosa View Post
    Just cause the military bought some does not mean there special!!! Both military and L.E are cheap look at glock 90% LE carry them why??? Or goes bang every time you pull the trigger!!!! Does not mean it’s special!!!!! People are hung up on brand that’s all!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not hung up on the brand I just want a rifle that’s going to work in pretty much every environment and situation, even though I hope to God I never need it.

    Read the article link I posted above.
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 07-09-2020 at 10:09 PM.
    caf82313 likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Sheepdog in West Texas

    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Location : San Angelo, Tx
    Posts : 1,661
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

    Default

    Which is why the US MILITARY puts out RFP's asking for firearms manufacturers who are willing to put their firearm up for testing - they ALWAYS have to meet certain specifications. They have to compete against all comers. And even then, some times the best weapon is not chosen.

    WHY? PRICE POINT. THAT'S ALL.

    So, you have to make the best firearm, you have to go head to head in testing against all the other firearm manufacturers willing to compete for the contract.

    And even if you win the quality test and adhere to all the specifications, and are ACTUALLY THE BEST FIREARM PRESENTED TO THE US MILITARY, yet you could still lose contract. Because someone else offers up something 'close' but cheaper.

    ME? I always put quality first, price second. But I'm weird like that.
    Last edited by wallew; 07-10-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

    "Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

  6. #15
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    CaptRex's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2018
    Location : Louisville, KY
    Posts : 158
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    “She’s a witch, she’s a witch! Burn her, Burn her!”
    @RegularGuy461969 . “ Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?”

  7. #16
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 3,045
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    Which is why the US MILITARY puts out RFP's asking for firearms manufacturers who are willing to put their firearm up for testing - they ALWAYS have to meet certain specifications. They have to compete against all comers. And even then, some times the best weapon is not chosen.

    WHY? PRICE POINT. THAT'S ALL.

    So, you have to make the best firearm, you have to go head to head in testing against all the other firearm manufacturers willing to compete for the contract.

    And even if you win the quality test and adhere to all the specifications, and are ACTUALLY THE BEST FIREARM PRESENTED TO THE US MILITARY, yet you could still lose contract. Because someone else offers up something 'close' but cheaper.

    ME? I always put quality first, price second. But I'm weird like that.
    I agree with what you state, but realize the 416 was designed as an upper to Delta specs without bid. It was birthed essentially as an adjunct for a special project.

  8. #17
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 3,045
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    “She’s a witch, she’s a witch! Burn her, Burn her!”
    @RegularGuy461969 . “ Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?”
    The school of Monty Python taught me everything I know, apparently just as you kind sir! I even have a Holy Hand Grenade. 🙂
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 07-10-2020 at 09:12 PM.

  9. #18
    Senior Member
    raycao88124's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2019
    Location : Los Alamos, NM
    Posts : 109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Screw MR556 and 762. You should go for HK416 and Hk417/G28

  10. #19
    Senior Member
    MJP2012's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2017
    Location : AZ
    Posts : 129
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boosa View Post
    Just cause the military bought some does not mean there special!!! Both military and L.E are cheap look at glock 90% LE carry them why??? Or goes bang every time you pull the trigger!!!! Does not mean it’s special!!!!! People are hung up on brand that’s all!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol wow.
    S&H registered sear burst pack (TSC)
    HK21E/23E/11E Registered Receiver (Fleming/TSC)
    HK53 SBR (TSC)
    MP5F SBR (TSC)
    USP Tactical .45ACP
    USP 45 Compact Tactical

  11. #20
    HKPRO Professional

    Join Date : May 2013
    Posts : 419
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boosa View Post
    Just cause the military bought some does not mean there special!!! Both military and L.E are cheap look at glock 90% LE carry them why??? Or goes bang every time you pull the trigger!!!! Does not mean it’s special!!!!! People are hung up on brand that’s all!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    this is Merica' and real simple. if its not for you and you don't like it, don't buy it. pretty simple if you ask me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •