HK416C question
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: HK416C question

  1. #1
    Premium Professional
    MSOGDAWG's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : TEXAS BY GOD
    Posts : 1,106
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default HK416C question

    I have been researching for a little while and I cant find anything definitive. Are or where the 416Cs equipped standard with adjustable gas blocks or standard or vented? Or would they be outfitted based on end users request? I guess I am asking if there is a "standard", thanks for any info or direction on reading material.

    EJ
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

  2. #2
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Brad4065's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : That black SUV in your driveway
    Posts : 4,051
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSOGDAWG View Post
    I have been researching for a little while and I cant find anything definitive. Are or where the 416Cs equipped standard with adjustable gas blocks or standard or vented? Or would they be outfitted based on end users request? I guess I am asking if there is a "standard", thanks for any info or direction on reading material.

    EJ
    To my knowledge, neither, unless "custom build". @Nzfly

    Am I correct on this?

    Cheers!!!!!!!
    MSOGDAWG likes this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

  3. #3
    Teufelshund Tactical
    Marine0303's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2010
    Location : Crozet, Virginia
    Posts : 7,079
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

    Default

    The ones I have seen, worked on and shot all had a standard, non adjustable gas block.
    SF,

    James

    Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

    Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Premium Professional
    MSOGDAWG's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : TEXAS BY GOD
    Posts : 1,106
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    The ones I have seen, worked on and shot all had a standard, non adjustable gas block.
    OK cool, next question....I just watched a video on YT that appears to be at some sort of industry demo range. There is a young man that fires two rounds semi and the remainder of the 20 round mag, he dumps. I note that the bolt did not lock back, is that something common? I ask because I am working on a project and the current configuration (semi only) does the same thing (bolt does not lock open after last round fired).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8_WGaA-Fdg

    ETA: link to video I am referring to.

  6. #5
    Teufelshund Tactical
    Marine0303's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2010
    Location : Crozet, Virginia
    Posts : 7,079
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSOGDAWG View Post
    OK cool, next question....I just watched a video on YT that appears to be at some sort of industry demo range. There is a young man that fires two rounds semi and the remainder of the 20 round mag, he dumps. I note that the bolt did not lock back, is that something common? I ask because I am working on a project and the current configuration (semi only) does the same thing (bolt does not lock open after last round fired).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8_WGaA-Fdg

    ETA: link to video I am referring to.
    No, that is not normal. I just watched two videos I have of me shooting and it locked back in both.

  7. #6
    The Librarian
    Oicani's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Location : PA
    Posts : 5,317
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

    Default

    416C has an adjustable gas block. At least the one in the gray room does. I posted pics in this thread a while back: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...16c-build.html

    Your recoil spring might be a bit stiff. It should lock open on the last round.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

  8. #7
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Nzfly's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Posts : 2,143
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

    Default

    I am unaware of HK continuing to make the C model past shortly after it’s introduction. That would predate the advent of the factory vented block uppers by a considerable number of years.

    ETA - I am unable to reconcile that sample, but there certainly weren’t production units being sold as the model was discontinued.
    Last edited by Nzfly; 07-08-2020 at 05:16 PM.

  9. #8
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    UMP45 ENTRY's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Posts : 947
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    The 416C’s came from the factory with adjustable gas blocks. They also have a very large 2mm vent on the front of the block because of the increased gas pressure being that the gas port is closer to the chamber. There were a handful of contracts that were filled for the 416C, so yes - production C’s were produced and delivered.
    Sharkdad likes this.

  10. #9
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Nzfly's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Posts : 2,143
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

    Default

    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...6-sub-carbine/

    Sure about that? I don’t see an adjustable gas block.

    ETA - not sure I was precise enough in what I said. I didn’t say no one bought any. I said it wasn’t an offered model for very long before it was discontinued. I. E. A B date code would be a considerable amount of time after they no longer offered the model.
    Last edited by Nzfly; 07-08-2020 at 05:47 PM.

  11. #10
    Teufelshund Tactical
    Marine0303's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2010
    Location : Crozet, Virginia
    Posts : 7,079
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

    Default

    You guys are getting wrapped up around the gas block. The most unique part of the weapon is the bolt carrier and buffer system, which is completely unique. And you certainly will not find any HK parts or HK parts kits to clone one.
    CaptRex and lakelandman like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •