HK416 barrel nut and HK416 upper loose fit.

Thread: HK416 barrel nut and HK416 upper loose fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK416 barrel nut and HK416 upper loose fit.

I have what seems to be a problem with my barrel nut being too big. I could be wrong since this is the first time building this type of rifle. When I screw on the barrel nut onto the upper there is some play. I'd say approximately 1mm. However when I hand tighten it down it does so without any play. I am afraid that when I torque it down to spec there may be a danger of it stripping. On the other hand I also thought of the possibility of it being loose to account for heat expansion. If you have experience with any of this I would appreciate your insight. Thanks in advance!!

PS Both the barrel nut and upper are authentic HK 416 parts bought from a reputable dealer.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Sounds normal. Make sure to torque with the correct tools. I use a reaction rod with a torque wrench. snug the barrel nut up a few times and then back it off. Final torque at 80 ft/lbs and there should be zero play between the parts.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yz125racer View Post
    Sounds normal. Make sure to torque with the correct tools. I use a reaction rod with a torque wrench. snug the barrel nut up a few times and then back it off. Final torque at 80 ft/lbs and there should be zero play between the parts.
    That's about the best advice anyone can give you, just snug it up and back it off a few times and get a "feel" for it. Once you're happy, torque it to spec.
    Certified Glock, SIG, S&W Armourer
    Colt, REM Armourer
    Hidden Content
    Jack Reacher "I mean to beat you to death and drink your blood from a boot!"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

All solid advice. Not much to add beyond that.
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Sponsored Links