HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hk416d 223lr bcg to 556

10K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  straightgrain 
#1 ·
good day

planning to buy the HK 416 D 223LR

my question is will the 556 BCG will fit as im planning to convert it from 223 to 556 ammo

thank you

#13 ·
I feel like this is another person trying get enough posts to PM soliciting a sale. I've seen this pattern before and got scammed because of it. They try to make it look like a legit thread asking
questions that do not make any sense.

paolino if I'm wrong, I will eat crow.

#20 · (Edited)
sorry dude but youre wrong i dont have any intentions on selling stuff

im from the philipines and gun laws are very strict here including importing gun accesories

we ( civilians ) are not allowed to purchase or own high powered full automatic rifles

the only allowed rifles here for civilians are 223 and PCC ( PISTOL CARBINE CALIBER ) rifles

thats why i want to convert the 223LR to 556

thank you

#15 ·
ZERO chance of doing what you want to do.
Also by your own words you said the government made 5.56 unavailable to civilians....they only allow .223. Then you say you want to convert it to 5.56....why convert to something your not supposed to have or cannot get ammo for? I mean if 5.56 is a no go then I assume it would be the same for the ammo. However this is all stated for nothing because as I stated at the beginning you cannot "convert" the Umarex/Walther rifle made under license from HK, from.22LR to 5.56 or .223

#19 ·
He *is* posting from the Philippines.

What you have shown is a rimfire replica of an HK gun. You will not be able to shoot center fire rifle calibers through it without significant catastrophe.

#31 ·
To be accurate, this gun is not made by HK, nor is it related to the HK416 in any way except looks. It’s made by Walther, which is owned by a company called Umarex. All HK did is allow its name and the appearance of the HK416 to be used by Walther to produce the rifle for HK.

#32 ·
Okay... This thread has, indeed, become a train wreck. The original poster (OP) @paolino is quite obviously a novice in terms of firearms. Going to summarize and then lock this up.

The HK416D that he talks about is a replica rifle made by Walther/Umarex. The look of HK on this replica is allowed by license from HK. This replica does NOT use center-fire rifle caliber cartridges. It uses .22LR. Those are very low power, rimfire rounds. The rimfire action functions NOTHING like a center-fire action. Further, the rimfire action, receiver and barrel are designed to withstand maximum average pressures of about 24,000psi. Center-fire 5.56mm pressures average about 55,000psi. Trying to fire a 5.56 round in a .22LR gun would likely result in catastrophe, injury or even the possibility of death. Do not attempt to convert the replica rifle to a center-fire caliber of any kind.

The Second Amendment of the United States gives firearms enthusiasts far greater access to firearms, firearms information and firearms familiarity than pretty much anywhere else in the world. The OP is obviously a novice and came to us because he assumed we would know the answers. And we do! Hopefully, we have helped the OP avoid disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.