Hk416d 223lr bcg to 556 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hk416d 223lr bcg to 556

  1. #21
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jul 2020
    Posts : 11
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by straightgrain View Post
    He *is* posting from the Philippines.

    What you have shown is a rimfire replica of an HK gun. You will not be able to shoot center fire rifle calibers through it without significant catastrophe.
    sir what do you mean by " rimfire replica "

    thanks

  2. #22
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jul 2020
    Posts : 11
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paolino View Post
    this is the HK416D 223 that im planning to buy and will be converting it into a 556
    On the off chance that this is a legitimate question, that is a .22lr gun, not .223/5.56. The .22lr “HK416D” is just a cosmetic shell over a .22 action. None of the parts in either the upper or lower are interchangeable with a 5.56 HK416. There is no buffer, buffer spring, or functional buffer tube. The barrel won’t work with .223/5.56, and the lower won’t accept a 5.56 magazine.
    sir when you say " cosmetics " meaning it was just made to look like a 416 but all of the parts from an original 416 cant be use for upgrade

    so it is really not possible to change it into a 556 ammo ?

    thank you

  3. #23
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jul 2020
    Posts : 11
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dc4int01 View Post
    22LR is not 223 my friend.
    im sorry sir im new to rifles

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    MONEY PRINTER GO BRRRR
    Keith120286's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Location : Central Texas
    Age : 33
    Posts : 844
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Jesus, this thread is a sh!tshow.
    dms16 likes this.

  6. #25
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2019
    Posts : 44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Your picture shows a .22lr rifle. That type of round is type of rimfire round, which is why that rifle is a rimfire replica. There is no such thing as .223lr.

    There is no known way of converting that rifle into something that can handle the pressures of .223 Remington or 5.56 NATO.
    Last edited by HibikiR; 07-20-2020 at 11:20 PM.

  7. #26
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jul 2020
    Posts : 11
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HibikiR View Post
    Your picture shows a .22lr rifle. That type of round is type of rimfire round, which is why that rifle is a rimfire replica. There is no such thing as .223lr.

    There is no known way of converting that rifle into something that can handle the pressures of .223 Remington or 5.56 NATO.
    thank you sir for the info

    now i know im stuck up with the 22 caliber once i buy this

    guess my second option is a pistol carbine caliber ( PCC 9mm ) rifle

  8. #27
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Oct 2011
    Posts : 1,329
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paolino View Post
    thank you sir for the info

    now i know im stuck up with the 22 caliber once i buy this

    guess my second option is a pistol carbine caliber ( PCC 9mm ) rifle
    Sounds to me like you should go to your local gun store and speak with them about what you can, and cannot have, required licensing, etc. I found this page:
    https://www.pbdionisio.com/philippine-firearms-law/

    While you definitely cannot convert that HK416 .22LR to a real rifle caliber, I don't read anything in that law which would not allow a semi-automatic AR15.

    This vendor https://www.topspotguns.ph sells Colt AR15 type rifles. That said, in looking around a pictures on Google of different gun shops in the Philippines, I did notice that there don't seem to be any AR15 or M4 type rifles on the walls, even at Topspot guns but some pretty nice 'tactical' shotguns are available.
    Own: HK91, G36k, HK416, P30L, USP SD
    Future: HK243? Assuming HK grants my wish.

  9. #28
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Dec 2014
    Posts : 137
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paolino View Post
    thank you sir for the info

    now i know im stuck up with the 22 caliber once i buy this

    guess my second option is a pistol carbine caliber ( PCC 9mm ) rifle
    Paolino,

    I'm sorry you won't be able to modify the rifle. I'm glad you reached out to us before you tried to - the results would have been dangerous to you even if you had succeeded.

    Why don't you send us a list of what you can purchase and we can provide some recommendations.

  10. #29
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    dwillHK's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2006
    Location : South FL, USA
    Posts : 3,402
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paolino View Post
    sir when you say " cosmetics " meaning it was just made to look like a 416 but all of the parts from an original 416 cant be use for upgrade

    so it is really not possible to change it into a 556 ammo ?

    thank you
    Yes, it’s just made to look externally like a 416. The gun uses a common .22 action in the upper that is the same action used in the Colt .22 M4 and the HK .22 MP5. None of the internal parts are the same as a real HK, and you can’t put the parts in. Even if you could, the gun would probably explode since the receivers aren’t built for the pressures and forces of the much higher pressure .223 cartridge.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

  11. #30
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jul 2020
    Posts : 11
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhivoder View Post
    Paolino,

    I'm sorry you won't be able to modify the rifle. I'm glad you reached out to us before you tried to - the results would have been dangerous to you even if you had succeeded.

    Why don't you send us a list of what you can purchase and we can provide some recommendations.
    the reason why i decided to go with the 416 22LR is because its a 416 model - i can deal with the dummy bolt release

    most PCC rifle here doesnt look like a 416 and the HK 416 D 22LR is my only choice

    thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •