WB AGB Short Barrel Compatibility

Thread: WB AGB Short Barrel Compatibility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Howdy-

I was considering having my 16.5” MR556A1 upper barrel cut down to 10.4”, and using a Waffen Burke 5-pos Short Barrel adjustable gas block.

Do you see any problems running this setup? Any and all feedback appreciated!

Thanks,
    BD
    Last edited by BravoDelta416; 08-10-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

What is a WB adjustable gas block?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yz125racer View Post
    What is a WB adjustable gas block?
    Edited for clarity - Waffen Burke 5-pos AGB

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I dont see you having any issues as long as its the 416 block. You may just read up on people who have used them with the 10" barrel and whether or not they used a certain size vent hole on the barrel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The gas block is adjustable so you will be fine in regards to over/under gas due to barrel length but my word of caution is to make sure the folded pins that come with the burke agb are tight.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BravoDelta416 View Post
    Howdy-

I was considering having my 16.5” MR556A1 upper barrel cut down to 10.4”, and using a Waffen Burke 5-pos Short Barrel adjustable gas block.

Do you see any problems running this setup? Any and all feedback appreciated!

Thanks,
    BD
    You have two variables to consider, the WB 11" or 14.5"/16" AGB and what size is your 556 barrel gas port diameter?

You need to figure out those issues as the 11"/10.4" and 14.5 and 16.5" don't have the same port size.

Paging @IshallahTech.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    You have two variables to consider, the WB 11" or 14.5"/16" AGB and what size is your 556 barrel gas port diameter?
    You need to figure out those issues as the 11"/10.4" and 14.5 and 16.5" don't have the same port size.
    Paging @IshallahTech.
    Do you refer to different gas port sizes on the barrels or on the gas blocks? I thought the 11" version of the Waffen Burk AGB only differed by the cut down adjustment knob.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    Paging @IshallahTech.
    Do you refer to different gas port sizes on the barrels or on the gas blocks? I thought the 11" version of the Waffen Burk AGB only differed by the cut down adjustment knob.
    I'm talking about both. I do not know if the Burk AGBs have different barrel vent sizes but I do know that the 10.4"/11" and 14.5"/16.5" have different barrel gas port sizes due to the different dwell times in the different barrel lengths.

I have both sizes of Burk AGBs but don't have to worry about vent/port sizes as between the barrels and gas blocks as they are going on correct HK length barrels. I say this because it is why I have not researched the potential issue the may be experienced.

Added later- you may not experience any issues. But I bring these variables up because you don't want retard the range of the AGB and it has to work with the shorter barrel's lower dwell time and its gas port diameter. That diameter should be "tuned" to the gas block and shorter barrel of a chopped down 16.6" 556 barrel. But I think Burk has said it should not be an issue. But I never received that statement directly so I am always leery of it.
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 08-11-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you all for the feedback

Sponsored Links