Assaulter Build - Need specifications - please!

Thread: Assaulter Build - Need specifications - please!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Assaulter Build - Need specifications - please!

I am trying to put together an assaulter from a Brownell's 417 kit, but I have several questions regarding the specifications and sourcing of parts. I scoured the forums for information but if you would know where the information lies I would greatly appreciate it.

1. What flash hider does the Assaulter use? Is it designed to work with a particular suppressor?

2. The Brownell's kit lacks the bolt. Brownell's offers one - https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...71-229038.aspx

Does anyone have any experience with their performance and functioning?

3. What is the rate of twist for the Assaulter barrel? Is the barrel profile the same as the 417? As I recall, the twist rate for the 417 and G28 differ: 1/11 vs 1/11.4 (?); - is this true for the Assaulter as well?

4. What would be the best choice for a barrel? Original Assaulter barrels are like hens teeth and start at $1000. A 417 barrel isn't inexpensive, and would still have to be cut down etc.

Brownell's offers a 417 barrel - https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...70-229042.aspx

but there appear to be issues with the gas port location (not an issue I know for the Assaulter) and the twist rate is 1/10.

Thanks in advance.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhivoder View Post
    I am trying to put together an assaulter from a Brownell's 417 kit, but I have several questions regarding the specifications and sourcing of parts. I scoured the forums for information but if you would know where the information lies I would greatly appreciate it.

1. What flash hider does the Assaulter use? Is it designed to work with a particular suppressor?

2. The Brownell's kit lacks the bolt. Brownell's offers one - https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...71-229038.aspx

Does anyone have any experience with their performance and functioning?

3. What is the rate of twist for the Assaulter barrel? Is the barrel profile the same as the 417? As I recall, the twist rate for the 417 and G28 differ: 1/11 vs 1/11.4 (?); - is this true for the Assaulter as well?

4. What would be the best choice for a barrel? Original Assaulter barrels are like hens teeth and start at $1000. A 417 barrel isn't inexpensive, and would still have to be cut down etc.

Brownell's offers a 417 barrel - https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...70-229042.aspx

but there appear to be issues with the gas port location (not an issue I know for the Assaulter) and the twist rate is 1/10.

Thanks in advance.
    I'd stay away from Brownells barrel.

Returned 3 of them.

I'd go to MDW, numrich and HKWebshop to request notification for when they receive replacement 762 barrels. They seem to come into numrich and mdw more than hkwebshop.

Once you land one, send it to someone and have it chopped. You can look for a Burk MR308 AGB for it as well. Then you'll have the closest clone to real as you can get without blowing $0000's on a real used assaulter barrel.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhivoder View Post
    Original Assaulter barrels are like hens teeth and start at $1000.
    Where do you see them for $1k? Asking for a friend

Assaulter Build - Need specifications - please!-assaulter417.jpgAssaulter Build - Need specifications - please!-assaulter4171.jpg
    Mine has that Hens Tooth Cavity Assaulter Gas Block
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content Senior Airman CAF 2-12-89__8-23-13

Sponsored Links