HKPRO Forums banner

Current List of HK416/417 Mil/LE End-Users

325K views 271 replies 88 participants last post by  UMP45 ENTRY 
#1 ·
Wikipedia has this on their HK416 page. Does it sound fairly accurate?

"HK416/417 Users:

-Indonesia - Indonesian Marine Corps Counter Terrorist Unit, Detasemen Jala Mengkara (Denjaka).

-Netherlands - The Netherlands Army special forces unit Korps Commandotroepen selected the HK416 over other tested assault rifles to replace their Diemaco C8 assault rifles. The weapon is shown on several photos from the unit's recruitment day. The HK416 is currently (2008) the standard assault rifle of the unit.

-Norway - On April 11, 2007, the Norwegian Ministry of Defence signed a contract for an initial shipment of 8,200 rifles to serve as its new standard assault rifle, replacing the AG-3 that has been in use since 1967. It is slightly modified, with a different stock and pistol grip. The deal also included the purchase of 6500 HK MP7. Delivery is expected in the first half of 2008.

-Turkey - Turkish Army has tested 9,000 units of the HK416 manufactured domestically as the Mehmetçik 1 by MKE, and decided to adopt it as a replacement for the currently issued G3 rifle. The Mehmetçik-1 will differ from the original HK416 in some details, like the use of a different metal alloy in its construction. This will probably to allow MKE to manufacture the rifle by the cheaper and simpler procedure of Metal Injection Molding rather than forging.

-United Kingdom - The HK416 is used by the British Special Air Service

-United States - It is used by the U.S. Army's 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta, various other Special Operations Command units including DEVGRU, US Capitol Police SWAT, and the US Army's Asymmetric Warfare Group. "

I've also heard that FBI HRT also has them in service.

See less See more
#23 ·
Uh?? NASA has a SWAT team.... I assume this is because Osama is now rumored to be hiding in the rugged mountains of Neptune... Seriously though, it is a surprise to hear. I thought they just had typical base security and used local law enforcement for crowd control at launches, didn't realize even they had specialized units. Either way good to hear they are fielding the 416!

#5 ·
I know for a fact the Delaware State Police SORT Team was looking at the 416. Whether they adopted it or not, I don't know.

Fairfax County SWAT has been using the 416.

Trussville PD has been using 416's for patrol rifles.

I believe some type of SF unit from Malaysia has been using both the 416 and MP7 as of recently.

Tspeis

Edit to add:

Here's the Malaysian unit, VAT69.

#6 ·
Here's the Malaysian unit, VAT69.
It's easier to aim with sights deployed :D

BTW Polish army elite special forces unit "GROM" (Operation and Manuevre Responce Group - acronym translates to "Thunder") for some 80% of probability will adopt 416 to replace KAC and Bushmaster. Naval special forces unit "Formoza" adopted G36 just before 416 was made avaiable so they will probably stick with that. Bouth units have long story of operating under US SCOCOM command since first day of Iraq and A-stan operations.

#7 ·

Members of Indonesian Navy special forces unit during a drill around of the venue of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia, 09 December 2007. Indonesia and the United Nations Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) jointly host the 13th Session of Conference of Parties (COP13) to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change and the third Session of Conference of Parties serving as a meeting of parties to Kyoto Protocol. The sessions are expected to create a roadmap of mechanism and procedure of negotiation to establish a new commitment to the Kyoto agreement, the first phase implementation of which expires in 2012.
Thanks to "Ace_combat".

#11 ·
Looks like we can add Poland's GROM to the list.
Yes. I couldn't give it away sooner, someone asked me to not spread the word. It's about 300 units purchased.

#12 ·
Kansas Bureau of Investigation SWAT also uses the 416. I trained with them at a GTI school last year, and worked on a callout last summer with them. I tried to walk away with one thinking they had a large enough budget not to miss one, but I got caught.

#14 ·
I don't think we'll be getting any photos of Devgru guys with HK 416s. In fact, I think it'd be pretty hard to get any photos of any Devgru guys period.....that unit is an elite counter-terrorist unit like SFOD-D aka "Delta Force." When you guys said that SF Operational Detachment Alpha is using the HK 416, does that mean that the 416 is being issued to all Green Berets? If not, which SF Groups are fielding them? Or is it just certain companies or A-teams fielding them as a pilot program?

#18 ·
NICE!!!!

#20 ·
Since this was the original end user thread, I deleted the other one. Here's the current list. If anyone knows of other users (whom can be verified), please feel free to chime in and I'll add them to the list.

From what I've gathered so far:

Military:
US Army 1st SFG Detachment Delta - HK416
US Army 1st SFG Detachment Alpha - HK416
US Navy Seal Development Group; DEVGRU - HK416
Netherlands Army Korps Commandotroepen Unit - HK416 and HK417
Indonesian Marine Corps Counter Terrorist Unit, Detasemen Jala Mengkara - HK416
Norwegian Army - HK416 and HK417
Turkish Army - HK416
Italian Navy SF - HK416
Polish GROM - HK416
Malaysian VAT69 - HK416
Albanian B.O.S. - HK416 and HK417

Law Enforcement:
US Capitol Police CERT Team - HK416
US Transportation Security Administration - HK416
US Department of Energy SRT Unit, Idaho Falls Facility - HK416
US Marshals - HK416
Maine State Police SWAT Team - HK416
Nashville City, Tennessee PD SWAT Team - HK416
NASA SWAT Team; Kennedy Space Center - HK416
Fairfax County, Virginia PD SWAT Team - HK416
Trussville, Alabama PD - HK416
Thurston County, Washington PD - HK416
Lake Wales, Florida PD SWAT Team - HK416 and HK417
Lexington County, South Carolina Sheriff's Dept. SWAT Team - HK416

Posted date: 08-06-2007: USMC solicitation for two HK416 carbines and two HK417 rifles (for testing I assume).
http://www.fbo.gov/spg/DON/USMC/M67854/M6785407R1171/listing.html

Posted date: 03-20-2006: US TSA solicitation for sole source contract to HK for HK416 carbines.
http://littleyellowbusproductions.com/archive/2006/03-March/22-Mar-2006/FBO-01009891.htm

Posted date: 11-23-2007: The US Secret Service recently put out a solicitation for gas piston operated, 5.56mm carbines. HK is one of the listed vendors submitting carbines.
https://www.fbo.gov/index?tab=core&s=opportunity&mode=form&id=5f31759dc220f70927ae0a2aef92aafb

Link to photo of US SF Group Det Alpha with HK416. http://militaryphotos.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2623679&postcount=36

Tspeis

#21 ·
Since this was the original end user thread, I deleted the other one. Here's the current list. If anyone knows of other users (whom can be verified), please feel free to chime in and I'll add them to the list.

From what I've gathered so far:

Military:
US Army 1st SFG Detachment Delta - HK416
US Army 1st SFG Detachment Alpha - HK416
US Navy Seal Development Group; DEVGRU - HK416
Netherlands Army Korps Commandotroepen Unit - HK416 and HK417
Indonesian Marine Corps Counter Terrorist Unit, Detasemen Jala Mengkara - HK416
Norwegian Army - HK416 and HK417
Turkish Army - HK416
Italian Navy SF - HK416
Polish GROM - HK416
Malaysian VAT69 - HK416

Law Enforcement:
US Capitol Police CERT Team - HK416
US Transportation Security Administration - HK416
US Department of Energy SRT Unit, Idaho Falls Facility - HK416
US Marshals - HK416
Maine State Police SWAT Team - HK416
Nashville City, Tennessee PD SWAT Team - HK416
NASA SWAT Team; Kennedy Space Center - HK416
Fairfax County, Virginia PD SWAT Team - HK416
Trussville, Alabama PD - HK416
Thurston County, Washington PD - HK416
Lake Wales, Florida PD SWAT Team - HK416 and HK417

Posted date: 08-06-2007: USMC solicitation for two HK416 carbines and two HK417 rifles (for testing I assume).
http://www.fbo.gov/spg/DON/USMC/M67854/M6785407R1171/listing.html

Posted date: 03-20-2006: US TSA solicitation for sole source contract to HK for HK416 carbines.
http://littleyellowbusproductions.com/archive/2006/03-March/22-Mar-2006/FBO-01009891.htm

Posted date: 11-23-2007: The US Secret Service recently put out a solicitation for gas piston operated, 5.56mm carbines. HK is one of the listed vendors submitting carbines.
https://www.fbo.gov/index?tab=core&s=opportunity&mode=form&id=5f31759dc220f70927ae0a2aef92aafb

Link to photo of US SF Group Det Alpha with HK416. http://militaryphotos.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2623679&postcount=36

Tspeis

your right about them but also RENEA The Reparti i Neutralizimit te Elementit te Armatosur ("Unit for the Neutralisation of Armed Elements"), uses them

and also the Shqiponjat (English: "The Eagles") is a quick intervention group of the Albanian state police

Forzat e Nderhyrjes se Shpejte (FNSH) There are 12 FNSH groups throughout Albania ( not all of them use the hk416/17 some of them do for special operations

and last

Naval Commandos also uses the hk417 (small commando unit)

#24 ·
if you think about it, NASA has a need for a SRT team. A large portion of what goes on there is probably on a secret or clasafied levle. With so much of our country's intel coming from spy satalites in space, defence of what goes on behind their fences is a good idea. Not to mention that a shuttle launch would be a good terorist threat

#25 ·
It makes perfect sense, it just surprised me. I'm sure they are a well trained and professional unit but for some reason I keep picturing a bunch guys in puffy white space suits carrying 416s. I forgot about how involved NASA is with missile tech and spy stuff.

#30 ·
DEVGRU definitely uses the HK416 …

I didn't know the SAS was fielding the 416. Very interesting.

In regards to the FBI HRT, when I asked an Ashburn rep about that a few months back, he said they have a "few". I don't know if they've officially adopted it yet or not.

Is there any solid info out there confirming DEVGRU's use of the 416? I'd be interested to see.

Tspeis
My son-in-law is a DEVGRU (Naval Special Warfare Development Group) operator and they do use the HK416. They get to choose pretty much what they want to use, period.

BTW, he *loves* his 416.