Need 416 information
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need 416 information

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Need 416 information

I am not sure where/what to look for, but here is my limited knowledge on the 416 , could someone fill in the blanks?

A 416 upper receiver will fit on an M16 lower receiver?
    Where it would be a good deal to be able to obtain an original upper, are there any companies making alternatives with same system? i.e. POF?

Educate me please, I have become interested in possibly getting one of these, and wanted to know the in/outs of it, looks fairly straight forward, from what I see.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the most similar system in terms of the piston would have to be LWRC. The POF is quite a bit different in many respects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You need a special adapter to fit it to a stock AR lower, but don't worry, HK USA sells it for $8. But I think if you're using a new Magpul lower (when they hit the market) it should work just fine because they're billet too (I heard anyway).

If you're only interested in an upper you can just order one directly from HK. The price is pretty reasonable, I guess, something like $1100 last I heard. More than I think I'd be willing to spend though, especially since you have to buy the stock and grip separately. The reason you can't buy the whole gun is because it's full-auto only, and even if you're in a state that allows that you're out of luck b/c it's made in Germany.

If you're in AL or WA you can swing by the plants in Trussville or the one just outside of Seattle. Go to the 'civillain' sales desk for uppers, not the military or LE ones (complete guns only). Otherwise call the 1-800 number.

There are alternatives that I think are better suited to the job. POF or the new Colt one. Just look in the 416/417 forum and scroll down. There's tons of info for your pleasure. Or type '416' into the search feature.

Hope I could help!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDBAD View Post
    You need a special adapter to fit it to a stock AR lower, but don't worry, HK USA sells it for $8. But I think if you're using a new Magpul lower (when they hit the market) it should work just fine because they're billet too (I heard anyway).

If you're only interested in an upper you can just order one directly from HK. The price is pretty reasonable, I guess, something like $1100 last I heard. More than I think I'd be willing to spend though, especially since you have to buy the stock and grip separately. The reason you can't buy the whole gun is because it's full-auto only, and even if you're in a state that allows that you're out of luck b/c it's made in Germany.

If you're in AL or WA you can swing by the plants in Trussville or the one just outside of Seattle. Go to the 'civillain' sales desk for uppers, not the military or LE ones (complete guns only). Otherwise call the 1-800 number.

There are alternatives that I think are better suited to the job. POF or the new Colt one. Just look in the 416/417 forum and scroll down. There's tons of info for your pleasure. Or type '416' into the search feature.

Hope I could help!
    Are you saying you can Buy a 416 upper only directly from HK?????? I think you are sadly misinformed LEO Organizations can't even buy an upper by it's self. You need to do a little more research. Also the current price of a 416 upper is $3000-$5000 on the open market not $1100. These uppers are coming from whole guns that PDs have demilled and sold the uppers for LARGE profits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wink C'mon rohardi

https://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82866

We got to teach them to search

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What are you talking about? you can't just walk in to HK and buy an upper for a 416!!! It is you that needs to search!!! The thread you have posted has no reference to buying HK416 uppers directly from HK. (this is not an option) you must buy the complete gun. the barrels can not be imported due to the fact they are Machine gun barrels and can not be imported buy them selves. This is why HK will be making the HK416 (MR223) at Wilcox in New Hampshire to get around the ban on importing barrels. Also this thread does not reference price either.

Some good reading matarial to get you started

https://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82770

https://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81932

https://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77969

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WTF?! I seriously hope Wickebad's post was designed as a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FChen17213 View Post
    WTF?! I seriously hope Wickebad's post was designed as a joke.
    +1

If it is not a joke, and he is serious, he needs to lay off the crack pipe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought the reference to the HK plant outside of Seattle would have made it obvious...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDBAD View Post
    I thought the reference to the HK plant outside of Seattle would have made it obvious...
    Looks like it went right over their heads...WOW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links