HKparts.net SP5K drop in paddle mag kit - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: HKparts.net SP5K drop in paddle mag kit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi, first time on this site. Thinking of purchasing an HK Parts paddle release for my SP5K. Remember reading somewhere that some of the later models do not allow you to install this release as they have placed a metal piece in mag well.. Date code on mine is BI. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45HK45Cfan View Post
    Hi, first time on this site. Thinking of purchasing an HK Parts paddle release for my SP5K. Remember reading somewhere that some of the later models do not allow you to install this release as they have placed a metal piece in mag well.. Date code on mine is BI. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Yours is fine, the bk's have the block which can be carefully removed with delicate surgery. Be careful about the paddle kit. Got mine in today from hkparts and the the contact was out of spec.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just installed mine. Great addition and works great. Anyone know if this kit will work on an old HK91 or 94? I believe an earlier post said would not, but I just wanted to confirm.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is absolutely no way this kit will work with an HK91, at least not without major modifications to the weapon. And after purchasing this kit and having the chance to examine the parts, specifically the two-piece bushing, i certainly wouldn't molest an original HK91 in order to get it to fit. Given the material used for the bushing is fairly soft and obviously hasn't been heat treated (unlike original paddle bushings on HKs fitted with such), i have some real concerns about it's durability and longevity and i'm not sure i will install the kit in my SP5K.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well... After owning my SP5K for a couple of years now. I finally had the balls to install the german paddle mag release from HKparts. It was fairly simple, thanks in part on the instructions on this thread. I Like the look, the SP5K seem naked without it (damn German export laws and U.S. import laws).

One note... with a mag fully inserted the paddle has a bit of play. Does any of yours do too? or is that how it supposed to be?
    Last edited by toniostyle; 06-01-2019 at 03:27 AM.
    HK USPc .40
    HK P30s 9mm
    HK SP5K
    HK USC/UMP .45

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Considering when I replace the barrel, to get the paddle installed as well. Considerable amount of information in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Retarded question incoming Bystok but what tool do you use to drive out the push button roll pin/clamping sleeve and remove button/contact piece in the second picture? Nothing I own is thin enough to fit through the button with enough strength to drive it out applying leverage.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Sponsored Links