HKparts.net SP5K drop in paddle mag kit - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: HKparts.net SP5K drop in paddle mag kit

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

So the question for me would be... Is the drop in kit much different from what Michael's machine, IGF, TPM or others might do for a paddle install, and would going either route be more legit or preferred? I think if you went the classic route requiring drilling, welding, and refinishing it is obviously different but if you go with one of the "no refinish necessary" installations I wonder if they are much different. Anyone who already had a paddle installed, is it similar to this, and with this now available, would you have considered this option had it existed?

As barrel replacement isn't drop in, I am trying to decide either I would go this route or just have whoever is doing my barrel replacement do the paddle at the same time.

Shockwave

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    So the question for me would be... Is the drop in kit much different from what Michael's machine, IGF, TPM or others might do for a paddle install, and would going either route be more legit or preferred? I think if you went the classic route requiring drilling, welding, and refinishing it is obviously different but if you go with one of the "no refinish necessary" installations I wonder if they are much different. Anyone who already had a paddle installed, is it similar to this, and with this now available, would you have considered this option had it existed?

As barrel replacement isn't drop in, I am trying to decide either I would go this route or just have whoever is doing my barrel replacement do the paddle at the same time.

Shockwave
    My understanding is that it is pretty much what everyone else is doing. I know when I dropped off my sp5k at tsc(the first he saw) the hkparts kit is pretty much exactly what he thought of after looking at mine. If anything the HKparts kit might be a little better done as they can order piles of the bushing & compression springs to build the kits where I'm guessing the various smiths make the bushing by hand at least at first.

TSC did mine along with a b&t barrel swap and my sbr engraving. If I was going to do it again I'd hand the gun right back to Mike. I didn't have mine refinished but if you want it swapped to say mp5k then chances are you will want the parts installed after the refinish.

I'd just ask whoever you are thinking of sending the gun to for the barrel swap. They might just say buy the kit and send it to them with the barrel and gun.

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Shockwave
    No offense, but I think your well thought out stream of consciousness is just a bit of overkill of thought. If you have a shelf Gun (91,93,94,sp89), then you have to drill for the paddle install.......with the sp5k, the magwell is different and clearly designed for the drop in components. Since many owners will not change the barrel, the drop in kit is the no brainer answer. For the collector or suppressed shooter who wants the k-n conversion for aesthetics or suppressed shooting, then it is a 50/50 proposition of the drop in or other/welded paddle install when refinishing will be done. For most SP5K owners, this will be the best route to add the paddle. I personally wouldn't spend an extra $100 or more to weld a paddle onto the SP5K with this solution available. No offense or ill intended. Regards

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

No offense taken, @bystok ! And thanks for the answer @ccosby . That's what I was looking for really. Obviously this is the easy solution, just trying to get an idea as to whether this kit is pretty much what other builders doing a non-refinish add on paddle is doing. I don't have a legacy roller gun to compare with, so just confirming the changes to the sp5k make this a viable, and I think preferred method. So basically SP5k plus drop in paddle is a game changer, and we can cease all the "grr, HK didn't include the paddle" as problem is solved. Neat!

Shockwave

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

No offense taken, @bystok ! And thanks for the answer @ccosby . That's what I was looking for really. Obviously this is the easy solution, just trying to get an idea as to whether this kit is pretty much what other builders doing a non-refinish add on paddle is doing. I don't have a legacy roller gun to compare with, so just confirming the changes to the sp5k make this a viable, and I think preferred method. So basically SP5k plus drop in paddle is a game changer, and we can cease all the "grr, HK didn't include the paddle" as problem is solved. Neat!

Shockwave
    Exactly! This should stop the grr!!! Now all SP5K owners can add the paddle with ease....the folks who don't understand import issues will still whine :)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

well, the 7 images made it an easy 4 step process, took about 20 minutes, and works perfectly!
    Thanks again bystok!!

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zzw26n View Post
    well, the 7 images made it an easy 4 step process, took about 20 minutes, and works perfectly!
    Thanks again bystok!!
    Excellent news!!! Glad the pix helped!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Thanks @ bystok...will be using this guide in the near future on my SP5K!

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Indreams84 View Post
    Thanks @ bystok...will be using this guide in the near future on my SP5K!
    You bet.....glad I could help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The pictures by mudd and bystok were great, they will work just fine for anyone trying this.

Though I did try a video, I couldn't get good angles with my tripod setup.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links