HK parts 10.4" barrel kit out of spec barrel nuts.

Thread: HK parts 10.4" barrel kit out of spec barrel nuts.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK parts 10.4" barrel kit out of spec barrel nuts.

I recently installed a HKparts 10.4" barrel kit and used a Geissele rail also from HKparts on a Hk416 upper. I had to cut off the sling loops to do this. The Geissele rail had lots of play so I contacted HKparts about possible problems. Their tech discovered that their barrel nut supplied on the kit was out of spec and I would have to purchase one of their made in Germany HK barrel nuts (as opposed to the made in the U.S.A. barrel nut supplied with the kit).
    I've been buying parts from these guys for a while but recently they have been selling inferior quality parts made in the U.S.. To say the least I am very disappointed in what was once a great place to buy HK parts.

I'll begin looking elsewhere for my parts.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by landlocked View Post
    I recently installed a HKparts 10.4" barrel kit and used a Geissele rail also from HKparts on a Hk416 upper. I had to cut off the sling loops to do this. The Geissele rail had lots of play so I contacted HKparts about possible problems. Their tech discovered that their barrel nut supplied on the kit was out of spec and I would have to purchase one of their made in Germany HK barrel nuts (as opposed to the made in the U.S.A. barrel nut supplied with the kit).
    I've been buying parts from these guys for a while but recently they have been selling inferior quality parts made in the U.S.. To say the least I am very disappointed in what was once a great place to buy HK parts.

I'll begin looking elsewhere for my parts.
    And allow me to preface the following with....this is just my $.02. For the most part, their USA parts are spot on. However, when it comes to the 416 parts, there have been a few people state the same thing. Can't tell you why....and I don't profess to know why. {Maybe someone who can/will chime in}. I mean I can toss out a theory....but I don't have anything to back it up with, so I won't. I stuck with OEM 416 stuff, and it's been 100%. Good luck YMMV.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Brad for replying to my thread, I hope someone from HKparts would chime in. It takes days for me to get thru to anyone at HKparts and in 2 months I've yet to have them return a message.
    The last HK parts dealer that required people to pay to have his parts and guns fixed was TB, I've been told he is the one supplying HKparts now. When profit margins are more important than quality and integrity, this kind of thing happens.
    Last edited by landlocked; 08-09-2018 at 01:39 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by landlocked View Post
    Thanks Brad for replying to my thread, I hope Adam at HKparts would chime in. It takes days for me to get thru to anyone at HKparts and in 2 months I've yet to have them return a message.
    The last HK parts dealer that required people to pay to have his parts and guns fixed was TB, I've been told he is the one supplying HKparts now. When profit margins are more important than quality and integrity, this kind of thing happens.
    My pleasure. I don't have any info on Adam other than what has been posted regarding the trial. So he may or may not be in a position to "personally" reply....and that's purely speculation/opinion. I don't have any knowledge of the supplier(s) of 416 parts, but I've "heard" the same that you have stated.

Again.....I've purchased USA made parts from HKPARTS for other firearms, with zero problems. When you stick to OEM parts on the 416, you're GTG.

Good luck!!!!
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Sponsored Links