Looking for advice on how to handle being sold faulty products from HKParts - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for advice on how to handle being sold faulty products from HKParts

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Well pin a rose....[slow clap]
    I challenge anybody to throw out "just sayin'" at the end of a comment and not sound like a complete dick. I'll wait. (not that the preceding sentence wasn't chock full 'o pompous dickery in itself.)
    Well, hey -- we have something in common, we're both self-aware that our comments were a bit playfully dickish. Congrats man!

Seriously tho, it was just an attempt at being brief about what we all should keep in mind -- aftermarket stuff is a gamble, and we should be prepared for it to screw up an otherwise perfectly fine gun, or at least require some fitting and tinkering.

I had an MP5k 3-burst housing that I got clipped and pinned from HKparts. Tried to fit a BFS binary trigger into it. Needed fitting. At the time, I didn't have a Dremel either. So I bought a knock-off Dremel and got the thing working reliably. Played with it, and got tired of out running it. Sold the whole thing.

OP - but I have found the 'Dremel' quite useful since for a bunch of things, most of which isn't gun-related. Never a bad thing to have tools around. A Dremel-type thing and a bunch of bits can be a real time saver for all sorts of stuff. Just sayin'.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 50BMGDUDE View Post
    I had a Coharie and installed an aftermarket clipped and pinned pictogram lower on it and had the same problem with up and down wiggle in the front area. I just took a little piece of hard rubber and glued it right where the little gap was and it solved the problem.
    That's probably what I will do, as HkParts isn't responding. What kind of glue did you use and what kind of rubber? I don't think I have any rubber lying around. Sorry for inane questions, I'm not very handy,

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Well pin a rose....[slow clap]
    I challenge anybody to throw out "just sayin'" at the end of a comment and not sound like a complete dick. I'll wait. (not that the preceding sentence wasn't chock full 'o pompous dickery in itself.)

I'll note that the OP's experience isn't unique as of late and things change. Their comms suck now.

I liken this to, anytime I hear somebody say: "Oh I've never had a problem with XXXXX (airline)" what I hear is: "I don't fly enough and I just haven't been f*cked by them YET"

OP, get with your CC and head it off from that end.
    I'm probably going to do a charge back, unfortunately. I've sent multiple emails and left a voicemail (finally; their VM inbox was full). It's been a week. Thanks for input.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rifleisfine View Post
    That's probably what I will do, as HkParts isn't responding. What kind of glue did you use and what kind of rubber? I don't think I have any rubber lying around. Sorry for inane questions, I'm not very handy,

I'm probably going to do a charge back, unfortunately. I've sent multiple emails and left a voicemail (finally; their VM inbox was full). It's been a week. Thanks for input.

As far as rubber goes I forget what I used, I found something laying around the house and cut a small piece and super glued it to the semi auto shelf block (the small ledge) That takes up the gap space between your shelf and the trigger pack. I've since sold that gun awhile back so I don't have pics of that one but can show you on a BPP gun. This one happens to fit perfect so it didn't need the rubber spacer. The rubber spacer I used was about as thick as two credit cards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for advice on how to handle being sold faulty products from HKParts-imga0804.jpg   Looking for advice on how to handle being sold faulty products from HKParts-imga0805.jpg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 50BMGDUDE View Post
    As far as rubber goes I forget what I used, I found something laying around the house and cut a small piece and super glued it to the semi auto shelf block (the small ledge) That takes up the gap space between your shelf and the trigger pack. I've since sold that gun awhile back so I don't have pics of that one but can show you on a BPP gun. This one happens to fit perfect so it didn't need the rubber spacer. The rubber spacer I used was about as thick as two credit cards
    Thanks my man. I'm going to find some rubber shims and super glue that bad boy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I had an identical issue with a clipped & pinned lower for my ptr, purchased through hkparts. It wiggled up and down and actually wouldn’t eject spent rounds because the trigger box and thus the ejector lever rode too low. I added some JB weld metal to the steps on ears on the lower, and after it cured I took a small file to it a little at a time until until it was rock solid tight. Wiggle & ejection issues solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links