Looking for advice on how to handle being sold faulty products from HKParts
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for advice on how to handle being sold faulty products from HKParts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Looking for advice on how to handle being sold faulty products from HKParts

I bought an "HK SP5K SPEC ONLY - SEF "Navy Style" Clipped & Pinned Housing" from HKParts along with an "HK MP5K, SP89 & SP5K - Forearm With Handstop - USA".

The SP5k-specific frame wiggles up and down an 1/8"+ when installed on my SP5K. It significantly impacts shooting experience and is unacceptable.

The SP5k-specific handstop is no where close to being able to fit my SP5k. It is not even close to being wide enough to slip on. I would need to spend decent time with a dremel, which I don't have.

I politely emailed HKParts on Tuesday of this week and again this morning asking for a refund on both items for the reasons described above, and have received no response. What are my options here? Posting short videos of these defective products on their social media accounts? (I would have to make a twitter/Instagram I guess, ******* it).

I'm pretty frustrated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I tried calling them but their VM inbox is full.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

In my previously recent experience they have been good on returns for item issues like the one you described. They might be away until next week. I hate the wait myself, but hope they get back to you soon. I assume the address you emailed was [email protected]?
    HK KI MARK 23
    HK KI USP45 Tactical
    HK BG USP9 Tactical
    HK BG 45 Tactical
    HK BG VP9 Tactical
    HK BG VP9
    HK BG P30
    HK BG P30SK
    HK BG SP5K(MP5K-N)
    TPM MP5F
    TPM P5SD
    MM 23E
    MM 23EK
    MM G36C
    MM G36K
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I replied to my order confirmation email, so [email protected]. I'll try that email you provided. Thanks.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

While I have never had faulty parts, I have had a few issues with quantity received VS quantity ordered. I have also specifically asked that all loose parts to be individually wrapped so they would not scratch each other, but I had some problems with that as a result of them not following directions. I simply called them up, was transferred to someone who could help me and then they corrected the problem in a very fast, easy and professional way. I would give them a chance to make things right, if not you can call your credit card company and dispute it (if you paid with a CC).

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I ordered a VP9 match spring kit from them. Spent well over an hour trying to install it and thought i was just dumb till I noticed the kegs were bent at an entirely different angle than the image on their site. I called, they apologized and let me know that a few springs had been found to be bent incorrectly and had a new spring on its way that day.

I would give them a chance to make it right

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Mmm. I've never had a problem, but I only buy HK parts from HKparts. Just sayin'.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graves14 View Post
    I ordered a VP9 match spring kit from them. Spent well over an hour trying to install it and thought i was just dumb till I noticed the kegs were bent at an entirely different angle than the image on their site. I called, they apologized and let me know that a few springs had been found to be bent incorrectly and had a new spring on its way that day.

I would give them a chance to make it right
    I will give them another call next week for sure. That's reassuring, thanks.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had a Coharie and installed an aftermarket clipped and pinned pictogram lower on it and had the same problem with up and down wiggle in the front area. I just took a little piece of hard rubber and glued it right where the little gap was and it solved the problem.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Mmm. I've never had a problem, but I only buy HK parts from HKparts. Just sayin'.
    Well pin a rose....[slow clap]
    I challenge anybody to throw out "just sayin'" at the end of a comment and not sound like a complete dick. I'll wait. (not that the preceding sentence wasn't chock full 'o pompous dickery in itself.)

I'll note that the OP's experience isn't unique as of late and things change. Their comms suck now.

I liken this to, anytime I hear somebody say: "Oh I've never had a problem with XXXXX (airline)" what I hear is: "I don't fly enough and I just haven't been f*cked by them YET"

OP, get with your CC and head it off from that end.
    Last edited by dms16; 09-17-2019 at 02:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links