Does anyone know whatís going on with HK Parts web site? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Does anyone know whatís going on with HK Parts web site?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tlrgsxr View Post
    Search Robert RTG as it was on a large scale and posted on the forum. Iíve read about it happening with other too, but thatís a big one off the top of my head.
    I'm not finding anything bad about Robert RTG. Am I supposed to?

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

HKP kaput--- and silent!!!

Tony
    TheJerkman likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJerkman View Post
    I'm not finding anything bad about Robert RTG. Am I supposed to?
    Not sure what they're getting at either, I've had good luck with the orders I've placed with RTG.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Nothing about RTG. RTG was getting bad parts(allegedly not genuine) from HKParts the way I understand it, when it was owned by Adam. I think they may have gotten sideways with each other over it. Might be someone with better or maybe even more accurate details can elaborate.
    Last edited by MSOGDAWG; 10-17-2019 at 02:57 AM.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I’ve added a link to my post above. It’s the top sticky in the RTG sub forum.
    TheJerkman likes this.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSOGDAWG View Post
    Nothing about RTG. RTG was getting bad parts(allegedly not genuine) from HKParts the way I understand it, when it was owned by Adam. I think they may have gotten sideways with each other over it. Might be someone with better or maybe even more accurate details can elaborate.
    You have that backwards. Adam would buy large quantities of parts from RTG and then sell them on his HKparts website. Not necessarily a bad thing, but thereís more to it than just buying parts.
    MSOGDAWG likes this.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets907 View Post
    Not sure what they're getting at either, I've had good luck with the orders I've placed with RTG.
    A few years back RTG was selling diopter sights and they certainly were not EOM and he made no effort to distinguish them from OEM German made. I also bought a SIG holster For a Mk25 and it did not work. He never distinguished it between the Mk25 and the plane jane P226. When I contacted him he never offered a refund on it. I’ll still buy from him but am very careful about what I buy. And as I’m not a roller lock guy he really doesn’t carry much at all for the 416/556 and 417/762.

HKParts sold vented 10.4” gas blocks as OEM, and they were not. I had one that looked like someone took a punch set to it and banged the crap out of the Rear end of the block. While occasionally HK releases some not-up-to-par items, I’ve never seen anything like it. In addition, if I’m not mistaken they initially tried to pawn off their Version of 416A5 trigger guard as OEM. It didn’t last long though as we all knew better. We bought them, but we knew they weren’t OEM as HK doesn’t make the A5 trigger guard with a spring loaded pin like the A1 and HKParts A5 “type” trigger guard. As for HKParts. Luckily I have Most of what I want/need. And as I’ve stated before, unless HK steps the F up and starts stocking what we customers need to keep out firearms and projects moving along, I’m done with ‘em.
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 10-18-2019 at 12:55 AM.
    Domino likes this.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesnít mean they're not after you!"

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    You have that backwards. Adam would buy large quantities of parts from RTG and then sell them on his HKparts website. Not necessarily a bad thing, but there’s more to it than just buying parts.
    Ah OK Gotcha....thank you for clarifying.

ETA: I found the stuff I read a while back. I read it long enough ago I didnt remember the details, apologies to all for my stating misinformation. But anyways here it is from RTG site:
    https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/Useful-Links-d6.htm

And just for clarity sake I have zero connection to either party other than being a customer. I am still inclined to buy from HKParts just not with my card ( I do this with other web merchants as well). Also have bought from RTG and been happy as well.
    Last edited by MSOGDAWG; 10-17-2019 at 03:03 PM.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSOGDAWG View Post
    Ah OK Gotcha....thank you for clarifying.

ETA: I found the stuff I read a while back. I read it long enough ago I didnt remember the details. But anyways here it is from RTG site:
    https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/Useful-Links-d6.htm
    I have personally bought two items that were sold as "all-german" but were US made. The latest was pointed out to me by a very highly regarded H&K smith out of Virginia who noticed it as soon as I showed him the part and it was obvious when compared to a real H&K part. The smith said it's a very common occurrence with HKparts and has only gotten worse since Adam went to prison. The particular counterfeit part was sold as the more expensive "German factory H&K" part at a substantial premium to the clone part they also sold. I called them and they denied it but refunded my money very quickly even though they still insisted it was german, it seemed like it was not the first time they had been confronted on this issue.

They sucker who they can and then try to quietly deal with anyone who objects.

I was willing to stomach the fact that they charged more than everyone else because they often are the only people with the HK item I need in stock. But since it's clear I can not trust them to sell me the genuine article, even when paying a substantial premium over a clone part, I have no reason to do business with them anymore.

Think about that? You sell two parts, one for more than twice as much because it’s “Genuine HK German” but they are really both clone parts. The kind of greed and deceit that takes... the same greed and deceit that landed Adam in prison for cheating on his taxes and illegally selling guns.
    Last edited by freeride1; 10-17-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    Domino likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tlrgsxr View Post
    Search Robert RTG as it was on a large scale and posted on the forum. Iíve read about it happening with other too, but thatís a big one off the top of my head.

Edited to add:
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/rtg-part...-rebuttal.html
    Wow. Red flags all over the place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links