2018 MK23 London Bridge Drop Leg Group Buy - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 2018 MK23 London Bridge Drop Leg Group Buy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just received my holster (only live 60 miles south of Virginia Beach) via FedEx. It is perfect!!
    MaD HuNGaRIaN likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Got my ship notification and should receive mine tomorrow! Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well, mine arrived.

I guess LTC isn't too big on frills because mine arrived like this in essentially a garbage bag with no receipt, no bill of sale, no brochure, no instruction manual, or anything at all really except the holster thrown in this dirty bag.

The holster itself seems nice enough, but it doesn't appear to be of better quality or construction than any number of things I've ordered from Tactical Tailor.

Probably my last purchase from this outfit.

Thanks out however to Mad Hungarian for setting this up and seeing it through to completion.

2018 MK23 London Bridge Drop Leg Group Buy-bag.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stnmikita View Post
    Well, mine arrived.

I guess LTC isn't too big on frills because mine arrived like this in essentially a garbage bag with no receipt, no bill of sale, no brochure, no instruction manual, or anything at all really except the holster thrown in this dirty bag.

The holster itself seems nice enough, but it doesn't appear to be of better quality or construction than any number of things I've ordered from Tactical Tailor.

Thanks out however to Mad Hungarian for setting this up and seeing it through to completion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bag.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	677.5 KB 
ID:	217300
    To be fair, this isn’t a stocked item. It was developed under MIL contract and they graciously reproduced it for us. The absences of a packing slip is odd, but I would imagine their commercially sold products have consumer friendly packaging. As for quality, it has a lifetime warranty and is made in the US, so there’s that.

Hope it works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sniper1 likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Totally get that.

First and foremost, thank you for making this happen. LTC should give you a free one because you brought 35 customers and $7k to their doorstep out of thin air.

And I realize my post sounds salty and I guess it kind of is. For a $180 holster and $20 in shipping, it just comes off flat to me as a business person concerned with customer service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"no receipt, no bill of sale, no brochure, no instruction manual, or anything at all really except the holster thrown in this dirty bag"

1. I received a receipt/bill of sale via email from LBT.
    2. Not being critical but I really don't need an manual or brochure for a tactical holster.
    3. Those "dirty plastic bags" seem to be the rage with shippers now a days. I have received a lot more expensive items in the same kind of "bag"

Once again, thanks for setting up this special run for us!

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stnmikita View Post
    Well, mine arrived.

Name:	bag.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	677.5 KB 
ID:	217300
    FIRST AND FOREMOST......THANK YOU to @mad_hungarian. The undertaking of a Group Buy and seeing it through to fruition is to be commended!

Second, what follows is NOT an attack on LBT or you personally. Defend the points of my post if you like, but I beseech you to bear in mind it is not, personal.

I do consider myself well-versed on the Mark 23, but by no means an authority. Most of what I know about it/them I learned here after my first purchase. After my first buy in 2014 I have bought, owned and sold around ten of them. I have been buying LBT holsters (the 1794B-RH) at 1 per owned gun for the last 4 years. I have been and still am ex-TREMELY happy with that model. It is a great fit, quality, and measurement to our beloved Apocalypse weapon. That being said, I had my doubts about this alternate version, but went in for 2 copies anyway.

Number one: I absolutely, positively agree with @stnmikita . The shipping method is SORELY lacking. With respect to aircav's noble defense of the G.B. I also agree AND understand as this IS akin to a 'drop-shipped' doo-hicky from amazon or XYZ retail store with "Free Shipping". Here's my main problem with it - I have received holsters in one's, two's and three's from LBT for $12-$14 in a brown box. Yes, it is a "soft" holster and not Fra-gille'-ay (they must be from France) so no risk of breakage, but the bag indicates to me UPS GROUND, not 2nd Day Air with just a barcode and no USPS type price (like a private sale) whereas you know what the shipper paid. $20 shipping? I think not.
    [again to be fair, STAN had reservations about the shipping cost in post #58]

Two: I immediately ran to the safe to retrieve my 23 with KAC can and WILCOX Nightstalker. Much to my dismay, the can did not easily fit into the can pouch and the snap seemed mis-aligned or short. I liked (kinda) the elastic band that 'retains' the can if the flap is not snapped or velcroed but we know it will stretch. It took a good bit of persuading to get the snap over an OEM KAC can. The 1794BRAVO pouch is much deeper.

Three: It holsters fine with the can attached, just like the BRAVO, but here's where my spirit was crushed. It is no better than the Bravo for accessory attachment. In fact mine is even more snug below the trigger guard. On my Bravo, I can mount AND holster the MK23 adapter with the WILCOX LAM IR Laser attached. (but not both laser and beamer) On this new CHARLIE.....I can not get it past the stitching of the holster.

All in all it IS an L.B.T. holster and yes, aircav Made in USA (it means something to me too) w/a solid warranty. BUT....it should have been priced around $160 as the BRAVO has a LOT more material, is $180 and this has likely a little more build/mfr. time.

Special order? Yes. Price gouged, NO. Opportunistic.....??? Maybe. (that cheap bag Really sticks in my craw)

Ultimately, I expected, well MORE. You posted, and I called numerous times, that they could NOT locate the SAMPLE from which to measure/create this run. If they did, or absent that and or new, precise measurement of what we wanted perhaps WITH a gun/can/accessories mounted underneath, (like the SureFire mount project) it got a little tighter. Agg even said, the Charlie is not to 'spec' in one post.

So here's the comparison:

1794BRAVO which fits into holster w/LAM attached.

1794CHARLIE with does not.

CHARLIE holsters easily WITH the can.

Snap is SUPER short, but doable.

AGAIN...... MAD HUNGARIAN, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

I know what it is to organize, create, chase, list, and sell something to the masses. It sucks and is often thankless. This is not, and in no way a reflection of YOUR EFFORTS! I hope the guys like it. I will keep my 2. I was just reall-l-ly hoping for MORE LAM "relief" in this version and it is simply less materiel and I just like my full-flap Bravo better.
    Last edited by THRLSEKR; 10-19-2018 at 02:28 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

My holster arrived this morning. I frequent the LBT webstore, so the ship packaging wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I'd like to think if their gear can perform in combat it'll survive a trip across the country in a plastic bag. And if it gets messed up enroute, LBT will make it right.
    Speaking of making it right, THRLSEKR that suppressor pouch flap snap does look short. I had no issues fitting my KAC can and my snap is dead on. Not too much and not too little. I'm glad LBT put the model tag on the suppressor flap, that is a nice feature. The khaki 1794B-RH that I purchased through a third party does not.
    The holster works well with Uncle Mike, Bianchi and LBT duty belts I use. I like the ability to adjust how high or low you can wear it on the belt. And I like this pouch more than the 1794B because the bravo design feels stiff in the hip/belt line. But that's just me and my preference.
    All and all I'm really pleased. Thank you MaD HuNGaRIaN for organizing this and thanks LBT for getting this order into to your production.

LBT made HK 7.62 mag pouches anyone?

2018 MK23 London Bridge Drop Leg Group Buy-lbt-1749c-1.jpg2018 MK23 London Bridge Drop Leg Group Buy-lbt-1749c-2.jpg2018 MK23 London Bridge Drop Leg Group Buy-lbt-1749c-3.jpg2018 MK23 London Bridge Drop Leg Group Buy-lbt-1749c-4.jpg
    Last edited by TX_Rifleman; 10-20-2018 at 02:01 AM. Reason: repair photo uploads
    MaD HuNGaRIaN and THRLSEKR like this.
    Happiness is a warm gun.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TX_Rifleman View Post
    My holster arrived this morning. I frequent the LBT webstore, so the ship packaging wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I'd like to think if their gear can perform in combat it'll survive a trip across the country in a plastic bag. And if it gets messed up enroute, LBT will make it right.
    Speaking of making it right, THRLSEKR that suppressor pouch flap snap does look short. I had no issues fitting my KAC can and my snap is dead on. Not too much and not too little. I'm glad LBT put the model tag on the suppressor flap, that is a nice feature. The khaki 1794B-RH that I purchased through a third party does not.
    The holster works well with Uncle Mike, Bianchi and LBT duty belts I use. I like the ability to adjust how high or low you can wear it on the belt. And I like this pouch more than the 1794B because the bravo design feels stiff in the hip/belt line. But that's just me and my preference.
    All and all I'm really pleased. Thank you MaD HuNGaRIaN for organizing this and thanks LBT for getting this order into to your production.

LBT made HK 7.62 mag pouches anyone?

Name:	LBT-1749C 1.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	217372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LBT-1749C 2.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	207.2 KB 
ID:	217374Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LBT-1749C 3.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	217376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LBT-1749C 4.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	279.8 KB 
ID:	217378
    GREAT REVIEW and I agree 2000% percent!!!! I soooo TOTALLY want a proper fitting mag pouch for my MR 762 mags. It is like trying to find a magazine pouch for a 3 ring binder !!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

received mine and Thanks for doing all the leg work on this MaD HuNGaRIaN!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links