2018 MK23 London Bridge Drop Leg Group Buy - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 2018 MK23 London Bridge Drop Leg Group Buy

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Pics now taken, just a matter of me figuring out how to get them uploaded and then linked from my smartphone. I'm 30, but your stereotypical grandpa when it comes to smartphones. I just got my first one like 3 months ago. Easier were the days when I did this from an actual computer with real programs and a full screen, not this 'app' bullshit. >.<

In a nutshell, I managed to make the TLR-2 fit in the blackhawk holster. It snags (pic of that forthcoming), but turns out getting past that was just a matter of inserting it with a little bit of ass behind it. Folds over the lip and goes right by. Long term that would probably wear away the material. Lost my jig thingy again so adjustments to all the velcro stuff isn't perfect, but it displays a workable suppressor+light combo is possible in this holster with both the TLR-2 and DBAL PL. Unfortunately neither works in the LBT holster, although I was able to jam the bezel of the TLR through with quite a bit of effort, suggesting it's possible on a TLR-1 without the laser hanging below. Wouldn't be practical though, IMO. Rail adapter used is the 3D printed one from member THRLSEKR. I don't know how the under-bore length compares to other adapters, but it doesn't look like it's terribly long there. The recent surefire group buy looked rather low profile, I'd be interested to know if (1) that adapter works with either the TLR-2 or DBAL-PL (since they only gave it one pic slot placed for Surefire light compatibility), and (2) if so, does it allow it to fit in the LBT holster?

Probably would have been easier to just do a video.
    THRLSEKR likes this.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klaustrophobia View Post
    Pics now taken, just a matter of me figuring out how to get them uploaded and then linked from my smartphone. I'm 30, but your stereotypical grandpa when it comes to smartphones. I just got my first one like 3 months ago. Easier were the days when I did this from an actual computer with real programs and a full screen, not this 'app' bullshit. >.<

In a nutshell, I managed to make the TLR-2 fit in the blackhawk holster. It snags (pic of that forthcoming), but turns out getting past that was just a matter of inserting it with a little bit of ass behind it. Folds over the lip and goes right by. Long term that would probably wear away the material. Lost my jig thingy again so adjustments to all the velcro stuff isn't perfect, but it displays a workable suppressor+light combo is possible in this holster with both the TLR-2 and DBAL PL. Unfortunately neither works in the LBT holster, although I was able to jam the bezel of the TLR through with quite a bit of effort, suggesting it's possible on a TLR-1 without the laser hanging below. Wouldn't be practical though, IMO. Rail adapter used is the 3D printed one from member THRLSEKR. I don't know how the under-bore length compares to other adapters, but it doesn't look like it's terribly long there. The recent surefire group buy looked rather low profile, I'd be interested to know if (1) that adapter works with either the TLR-2 or DBAL-PL (since they only gave it one pic slot placed for Surefire light compatibility), and (2) if so, does it allow it to fit in the LBT holster?

Probably would have been easier to just do a video.
    Great update Klaus,

I always read your posts with great amusement for your commentary and keen sense of humor. I skipped the G.buy for the S.F. altogether as mine suit my needs and as you stated, well.....NOTHING really fits in these L.B.T. holsters with ALL the goodies attached. [email protected] GREAT, and I mean GREAT JOB on getting a new run of these produced, but L.B.T. missed the "mark" (pun intended) in NOT over-sizing the LAM pocket. Oh F'ing well.

I would be interested to see your 'fix' in pics or video. Stay Safe you Beta-Testing S.O.B. !!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Here's the imgur album with comments showing the various relevant points of fitment on the Blackhawk and why the LBT doesn't fit. Pics are huge, so not posting directly here. If anyone has some other specific area they'd like to see, holler and I'll throw it up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here's the imgur album with comments showing the various relevant points of fitment on the Blackhawk and why the LBT doesn't fit. Pics are huge, so not posting directly here. If anyone has some other specific area they'd like to see, holler and I'll throw it up.
    WOW!! this is about the most helpful thing I’ve ever seen on this forum. Thank you for taking the time and being so detailed. I had a lot of questions and just got all the answers! Well done Klaustrophobia!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Thanks. This board has been enormously helpful to me, I do what I can to return the favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like I'm late to the party - anybody have one of these they want to sell?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mattnh View Post
    Looks like I'm late to the party - anybody have one of these they want to sell?
    I'm thinking about it TBH. I think I need to wear it around a bit to really give it a fair shake, but if I decide to get rid of it I'll let you know. Shoot me a PM in case I lose this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm thinking about it TBH. I think I need to wear it around a bit to really give it a fair shake, but if I decide to get rid of it I'll let you know. Shoot me a PM in case I lose this thread.
    Thanks - got one from another member!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn I’m late too I guess. I’m interested if there are any. &#x2639;&#xfe0f;

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Great pictures and rundown for both holsters, Klaustrophobia.
    I made a post a while back about this version of the LBT holster, and I described how I modified mine to open a little farther so my lasers would fit.
    The change involves cutting out the single line of thread that you see in your picture just at the end of the edge ribbon where the laser is striking it.
    That stitch line goes clear through both sides of the holster all the way to the stress relief/pistol stop stitching down near the bottom end. I took it out the whole way to that stop and my lasers fit OK now.

The double edge stitching remains intact and plenty strong after the change. Just use a seam cutter from the sewing shop, and it's easy as pie.
    My post shows what I did. It's in Saddlery.
    2018 MK23 London Bridge Drop Leg Group Buy-dbal.jpg
    My opinion's as worthy as one from any other doddering old grampa you have never met or heard of.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Sponsored Links