Mark 23 / Surefire Adapter Group Buy: Round 2 - LIMIT 50 - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Mark 23 / Surefire Adapter Group Buy: Round 2 - LIMIT 50

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Fast shipping and great project! Thank you Gator for putting this together! Now I need to decide which light setup to get...
    gator33 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

gator33 - many thanks for putting this together; received today - shout out to Azimuth for helping me snag one!
    azimuth and gator33 like this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hello, I'm very late to this group buy and haven't read all the pages but please tell me if I can still purchase one for my Mark 23.
    Thanks, George from Alaska

George from Alaska

HK45T DA/SA, HK45T Light LEM, Mark 23 90's era, no lockout, P30L v3, another on it's way, P30L Light LEM, USP .45 Elite
    rrMP5 SEF select fire - Flemming from a 94
    IGF MP5 SBR
    IGF HK33 pistol
    RDTS MP5 pistol from a German HK parts kit
    RDTS MP5 SD pistol from a German HK parts kit
    TSC MP5K N pistol from a German SP89
    bunch of suppressors
    other NFA machine guns
    07/02

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Got mine today. Even better than I expected!
    gator33 likes this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Confirming receipt of adapter. Amazing amazing quality. Thank you everyone who participated and thank you Gator
    gator33 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 320737 View Post
    Fast shipping and great project! Thank you Gator for putting this together! Now I need to decide which light setup to get...
    Personally, I'm a Surefire-or-nothing kind of guy. The X300U-B is an excellent white light, the X400U has the same white light as the 300 with an added visible laser, available in either red or green. If you are looking for IR capability, the X400V-IRC is a good option, but I would wait for Surefire to come out with their new XLV2 because it gives you the same functionality as the original LAM.

Quote Originally Posted by gsyoung54 View Post
    Hello, I'm very late to this group buy and haven't read all the pages but please tell me if I can still purchase one for my Mark 23.
    Contact @RedRiverII (last post on the previous page).
    320737 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Also, slightly off topic, but I have contacted LBT and am waiting on a response to start another run of Mk23 & Mk24 holsters, so watch the heads up section for news on that.

The LBT Mk23 holster fits the Mk23 with this adapter and a X300 or X400.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Got mine today, thanks.

Feedback for other people considering in case of another batch in the future: Looks great, well constructed, lightweight, and low profile. Looks a little goofy with the DBAL-PL installed because there are quite a few air gaps all around, just as a result of how the two are designed. Both DBAL-PL and Streamlight TLR-2HL fit on the adapter, slightly further ahead than the furthest back compatible slot on the previous adapters I've used. Unless you've got obscenely long fingers, you already had to use support hand to activate the lights so no real difference in functionality there. Unfortunately, neither of these lights installed using this adapter will fit in the LBT Mark 23 holster. Both fit easily in my Blackhawk universal/adjustable nylon holster, which with a little tweaking can be made to be basically functionally identical to the LBT holster, except for the suppressor pouch. Although the LBT holster has a smoother/cleaner draw and reholster for the non-lighted Mk23 as it's just built to the right size, and there's none of the little adjustment straps or expandable sections to snag on. A streamlight TLR-1 (no laser) might fit, but I couldn't say for absolute sure. It would be quite a tight fit if it does, potentially giving draw problems.

Bottom line: best rail adapter option for the Mark 23, as long as the light you want to use is one of the ones verified to fit (only one rail slot, but it's pretty far forward so I'd be a little surprised if someone found a light that doesn't work). LBT needs to make the holster bigger at the opening for wider LAM compatibility :(

I'll have to keep my eye out for that surefire unit that replicates LAM functionality that gator mentioned. If it fits in the LBT, might be worth it depending on price even though I already have a DBAL-PL.
    Last edited by Klaustrophobia; 07-04-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    gator33 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gsyoung54 View Post
    There's a member selling 2 of them in the parts and accessories section:
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-parts...-adapters.html

It's even $10 cheaper shipped than the group buy to boot! :)

CYF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Same results as everyone else: super fast shipping and the adapter is flawless. It does leave a tiny bit of a gap between the bottom of the frame rail and the top of the adapter rail, but I'm pretty sure that's unavoidable due to the slight curvature of the frame. Although it does lead to the somewhat amusing appearance of the light floating under the pistol, haha. All in all, fantastic buying experience, and major thanks go to Gator for making this a seamless project.

Quote Originally Posted by gator33 View Post
    Also, slightly off topic, but I have contacted LBT and am waiting on a response to start another run of Mk23 & Mk24 holsters, so watch the heads up section for news on that.

The LBT Mk23 holster fits the Mk23 with this adapter and a X300 or X400.
    Oh man, you are on the ball. I was just going to ask when the next group buy for those holsters was going to be started. I'll definitely keep my eyes on it. Thanks again!
    gator33 likes this.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Sponsored Links